Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he got naked pictures of you or someone? Is he's bribing you come on here and put up any sort of argument that he may have some sort of career at the club.

Me saying IF a player could be consistently 6/10 then it would make him a more reliable backup than those going from 2-8 /10 each game means im being biased?

Whether or not Kenny could or not is irrelevant.

The point is that a reliable backup is needed who can be consistent when they come into the team.

Neither Sidibe or Coleman fit that bill. I dont know about Kenny, probably not but the point is relevant.

On top of that we need a first choice...if Sidibe is first choice and not good enough then clearly Coleman isnt good enough either.

If he played at a 6/10 level every game that would be better than having Coleman / Sidibe as back up / rotation but he was really shocking against Dortmund.

Then again its a unique game and time with the current situation.

Sidney and Coleman are VASTLY better, its not even a contest.

If he was bang average I would take him back, but hes not even average, hes below average.

I think he is highly rated at the club, I think the loan deal to a club like Schalke is proof of that rather than sending him to a Championship club.

I think the loan was an exercise in exercise in establishing the level that he was capable of playing at. He may be a good player and maybe even a Premiership player but maybe not a player capable of playing at the highest level of the Premiership. That was the purpose of the loan.
I think there is little doubt he will end up playing at a high level for the rest of his career.

It seems strange to me the amount of criticism he got for his performance last Saturday but Todibo is still seen as a great prospect even though he was far worse.
I would not write off either player after playing against one of the better teams in Europe.

I watched Mason Holgate a few times with WBA last season playing on the right side of their defence and I honestly could not see in him the level that he has reached this season.

Sidney and Coleman are VASTLY better, its not even a contest.

If he was bang average I would take him back, but hes not even average, hes below average.

My point was that Sidibe and Coleman can put in a 2/10 performance one week and 8/10 the next week...if Im just looking for a reliable backup player then its fine if theyre 6/10 when they come in and stable.

Whether thats Kenny or not is probably leaning on unlikely at the moment.

It will be interesting to see who the backup will be if we do sign a new starter.

I think he is highly rated at the club, I think the loan deal to a club like Schalke is proof of that rather than sending him to a Championship club.

I think the loan was an exercise in exercise in establishing the level that he was capable of playing at. He may be a good player and maybe even a Premiership player but maybe not a player capable of playing at the highest level of the Premiership. That was the purpose of the loan.
I think there is little doubt he will end up playing at a high level for the rest of his career.

It seems strange to me the amount of criticism he got for his performance last Saturday but Todibo is still seen as a great prospect even though he was far worse.
I would not write off either player after playing against one of the better teams in Europe.

I watched Mason Holgate a few times with WBA last season playing on the right side of their defence and I honestly could not see in him the level that he has reached this season.

Yeah Todibo was awful 1st half (then came off of course) and Kenny terrible 2nd half.

As you say though, Holgate suddenly leaped forward as has DCL and there are weird circumstances at the moment with players.

Me saying IF a player could be consistently 6/10 then it would make him a more reliable backup than those going from 2-8 /10 each game means im being biased?

Whether or not Kenny could or not is irrelevant.

The point is that a reliable backup is needed who can be consistent when they come into the team.

Neither Sidibe or Coleman fit that bill. I dont know about Kenny, probably not but the point is relevant.

On top of that we need a first choice...if Sidibe is first choice and not good enough then clearly Coleman isnt good enough either.

....its safe to assume Brands thinks Coleman and Sidebe are superior to Kenny because they are at the club and he isn’t. Not sure of your thinking that Kenny is the better of the three. When Kenny is wrong side of the ball (which he often is) he’s out of the game. I’d be wary of him going upfield and leaving a hole behind. Our CBs are often exposed for pace as it is.

I‘m happy bringing a new RB in, but I would actually have Kyle John involved ahead of Kenny.

....its safe to assume Brands thinks Coleman and Sidebe are superior to Kenny because they are at the club and he isn’t. Not sure of your thinking that Kenny is the better of the three. When Kenny is wrong side of the ball (which he often is) he’s out of the game. I’d be wary of him going upfield and leaving a hole behind. Our CBs are often exposed for pace as it is.

I‘m happy bringing a new RB in, but I would actually have Kyle John involved ahead of Kenny.

So my point is probably being misunderstood by a few posters so obviously im not explaining it properly...

A: Sidibe is first choice = Coleman isnt seen as good enough to be a starter.

B: If we sold Coleman and kept Sidibe (who seems to be considered superior) then we have a backup who is unreliable and can be 2/10 one week and 8/10 the next.

C: What we would need as a backup player would be someone consistent who can come in and do a job.

Thats not Sidibe or Coleman. Whether thats Kenny or John I dont know.

D: I think its clear we need a first choice new player and the current right backs arent consistently reliable as backup.

So my point is probably being misunderstood by a few posters so obviously im not explaining it properly...

A: Sidibe is first choice = Coleman isnt seen as good enough to be a starter.

B: If we sold Coleman and kept Sidibe (who seems to be considered superior) then we have a backup who is unreliable and can be 2/10 one week and 8/10 the next.

C: What we would need as a backup player would be someone consistent who can come in and do a job.

Thats not Sidibe or Coleman. Whether thats Kenny or John I dont know.

D: I think its clear we need a first choice new player and the current right backs arent consistently reliable as backup.

....I’m still a bit confused at your point. Sell Coleman and keep Sidebe as no1 with Kenny as back-up?

Kenny has made it clear he won’t be back-up, and personally I’d much prefer Coleman to Kenny.

Everyone always hates on the youths, and I genuinely cannot understand it.

It was not long ago that even suggesting Big Dom as an option at CF would have gotten you nothing but ridicule from the fan base on this forum. Then this year he's gone on and averaged 1 goal in 2 games over the length of the EPL season.

Same can be said for Mason Holgate. The Everton faithful on this forum had completely written him off on the back of his performances at West Brom, and fast forward to this season he has been by far our best CB.

The way this trend has played out I cannot help but feel Kenny is due for a big year at Everton.

It was not long ago that even suggesting Big Dom as an option at CF would have gotten you nothing but ridicule from the fan base on this forum. Then this year he's gone on and averaged 1 goal in 2 games over the length of the EPL season.

Same can be said for Mason Holgate. The Everton faithful on this forum had completely written him off on the back of his performances at West Brom, and fast forward to this season he has been by far our best CB.

The way this trend has played out I cannot help but feel Kenny is due for a big year at Everton.

Holgate was very impressive at West Brom.

You simply cant say the same about Kenny.

....not sure that’s true. Fans want to see youngsters coming through and are full of encouragement for them. They have to be very special to make the jump from Academy and will be some way off being the finished article.

Saying that, it’s human nature to complain about individuals when performance dips regardless of age.

....I’m still a bit confused at your point. Sell Coleman and keep Sidebe as no1 with Kenny as back-up?

Kenny has made it clear he won’t be back-up, and personally I’d much prefer Coleman to Kenny.

If you look at the current pecking order then i guess its this:

1: Sidibe
2: Coleman
3: Kenny

So in theory, if we want to upgrade at right back with strength in depth then:

A: We need a new right back meaning:

1: New player
2: Sidibe
3: Coleman
4: Kenny

Then on paper the logical thing to do would be to sign Sidibe and sell Coleman and Kenny.

B: If we did (A) then would you be comfortable with Sidibe as backup/rotation? Hes either going to be brilliant or awful.

I think you need consistency as a backup (as baines has shown in his cameos) who can be relied upon to fill in. Or someone with potential who can gain experience.

C: if instead we didnt keep Sidibe but sold Kenny then we would have:

1: New Player

Would you be keen on Coleman as a back up option? He has the same up/down performances as Sidibe and hasnt been the same player since his injury + is picking up more injuries.

So im saying that what we ideally need is a new right back to be signed + to find a solution where we have either someone to come in and do ok and get game time developing OR someone who can deliver solid 6/10 performances every game.

If you look at the current pecking order then i guess its this:

1: Sidibe
3: Kenny

So in theory, if we want to upgrade at right back with strength in depth then:

A: We need a new right back meaning:

1: New player
2: Sidibe
3: Coleman
4: Kenny

Then on paper the logical thing to do would be to sign Sidibe and sell Coleman and Kenny.

B: If we did (A) then would you be comfortable with Sidibe as backup/rotation? Hes either going to be brilliant or awful.

I think you need consistency as a backup (as baines has shown in his cameos) who can be relied upon to fill in. Or someone with potential who can gain experience.

C: if instead we didnt keep Sidibe but sold Kenny then we would have:

1: New Player

Would you be keen on Coleman as a back up option? He has the same up/down performances as Sidibe and hasnt been the same player since his injury + is picking up more injuries.

So im saying that what we ideally need is a new right back to be signed + to find a solution where we have either someone to come in and do ok and get game time developing OR someone who can deliver solid 6/10 performances every game.

The most logical thing is to sell Kenny, return Sidney, buy a Right Back, keep Coleman as back up and then hope that John or somebody can kick on.

Keeping Kenny does nothing, assuming hes not the answer, you admit yourself that hes not as good as Coleman, so why would we keep a lesser player?

You keep claiming Coleman gives us 2/10 out of performances, which he clearly never has, after injury Coleman is a 6-8/10 player, before his injury he was a 8-10/10.

Coleman is nowhere near as bad as you claim, hes just simply not the same player he was 5 years ago.

...I think the Holgate comparison is more accurate. Saying that, I’m convinced he was surplus to requirements but failure to bring in a CB on the last day of the window conspired to him being given a chance. To be fair to Holgate, he grasped the opportunity.

As you rightly say, ’Who knows’ All I can say it would take circumstances to change for Kenny to become first choice. Sadly, I don’t think he’s the answer for a defence that is already short of athleticism, pace and power.

Oh yeah deffo. Mina wasn't fit, Holgate took his chance.

I don't think Kenny is the answer personally but with a lot of players its a combination of opportunity and timing.

Holgate showed way more for us before his loan than anything Jonjoe has in his time here

He did but then he seemingly fell off a cliff and got sent out on loan.

There was always a player in there. Kenny isn't a bad player either per se. He will probably make a decent top flight career for himself somewhere regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.