Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
....be interesting what happens with highly rated Academy RB, Kyle John. He’s had an injury which kept him out for a while but he’s 19 and needs to leapfrogging Kenny and others if he’s being considered back-up next season.

No point sending him out on loan next season, especially as he’ll be in the final year of his contract. As we’ve seen with the likes of Connolly and Pennington, a decision has to be made whether we use him or shift him.
Probably loan him out for season
I don't think Kenny is outstanding. I've never felt that. However Holgate wasn't outstanding yet the loan move really kicked him on. As a younger player you learn as much from tough games as you do good games. That Todibo today also looked miles off it.

The cards just seem to fit into place for Kenny. He's played 30+ senior games with Schalke, had over 20 with us. I always like to see a young player get to 50 senior games. If he can do that, then he has half a chance. I think he's quite fortunate, but Ancelotti seems to want a system where he has fullbacks who can defend, Kenny can do that. he's just turned 23, so is a good age. He also knows the club well so there isn't the same risk bringing a new player in. There are other areas of the pitch that need remedying too, and I think he is quite dependable.

I am not a big Kenny fan either, but sometimes in football you get lucky as a player where it all falls together for you. I much prefer Kyle John, who just looks a more clear example of a modern fullback. I've never felt Kenny was fast enough. But I do think, he will be ok, and won't read too much into today.
i like him but the boo the boys love seeing a young lad make mistakes and never forgetting them. He deserves a chance with us even just as back up, we and other PL clubs just look to buy cheap foreign [Poor language removed] from abroad rather than giving our academy players the chances anymore. If Hibbert and Osman were in our current squad and were in there early 20’s I really don’t think they’d get there chance and would be treated like other young players coming through (loaned off and eventually sold).

People saying jjk is bang average but then forgetting that’s what we are.... mid table side And trophy less for 25 years....sorry guys but reality check is needed from time to Time...

People saying jjk is bang average but then forgetting that’s what we are.... mid table side And trophy less for 25 years....sorry guys but reality check is needed from time to Time...
There was no sense in Silva loaning him out and then loaning an older player on more wages who flattered to decive imo some good games Sidbe, but bang or below average in other games - I am sure JJK could have done the same job imo.....

A better way to look at it would be - Does he get in our first team in seasons we’ve done well like the 13/14 or 16/17 season? Cos that’s the standard we should be aiming for

A better way to look at it would be - Does he get in our first team in seasons we’ve done well like the 13/14 or 16/17 season? Cos that’s the standard we should be aiming for
Tricky to answer that. However, young players rarely thrive in teams on a downward path, struggling for form. JJK is a talent who needs nurturing in a decent set up. Ancelotti won’t find all his answers in the transfer market - growing talent from within is a key to shifting the fortunes of the team.

There was no sense in Silva loaning him out and then loaning an older player on more wages who flattered to decive imo some good games Sidbe, but bang or below average in other games - I am sure JJK could have done the same job imo.....
Good point mate, I don't think sidbe is an upgrade on JJ. I admire JJ for coming over here and at least trying to better himself.

And that lads is optimism and ambition! We should get you to do the team talks!
Just stating facts, we’re less of a team now than we were under Moyes despite the millions and millions of pounds spent on players. I have a lot of optimism and ambition for our club with Carlo in charge now but for the last few seasons our club has been ran awfully.

I hope if he does come back he hasn't already been written off, some of our fans can be selective in their support.

I agree.

But then to stop being average we need better players.

Otherwise we remain average.

sooooo we just keep average players, have no ambition to succeed and cheer coz we have “one of ours” playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.