Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be quite frank, I don't see us moving Coleman on at all, and at 31 he is the perfect back up. Plays well in games he comes in, good influence on the squad and happy to be 2nd fiddle. I don't see the point in signing an expensive back up, or having Kenny as back up at 23.

What do you see then?

Not as good as Coleman at his peak - but nor is Seamus now
An equel cheaper replacement than Sidibe.
Action needed in other positions first.
Steady as we go on this for 12mths.

Not as good as Coleman at his peak - but nor is Seamus now
An equel cheaper replacement than Sidibe.
Action needed in other positions first.
Steady as we go on this for 12mths.
Currently, he is better than Coleman and Sidibe. Given the current climate, bringing JJK back in to the fold is a no brainer.
Is he the sexiest RB in world football, no. Can he do a job while other, more pressing positions need addressing, yep.

Currently, he is better than Coleman and Sidibe. Given the current climate, bringing JJK back in to the fold is a no brainer.
Is he the sexiest RB in world football, no. Can he do a job while other, more pressing positions need addressing, yep.
Only from reports on his German. It remains to be seen how good he is for us, if he comes back at all...and gets a place...then shows he is.
Until then he is in the 'known unknown, but with potential' category

....he wants to play and I imagine his experience in Germany will leave him looking for a new challenge. I can’t see him wanting to return and I doubt he’s being considered 1st choice no2 by Ancelotti/Brands.

Saying that, I thought the same about Holgate, although I think circumstances transpired to him getting a run in the team. I doubt Kenny is envisaging being an Everton player next season.
Kenny aint making it here, so whats the point in keeping him?

Send Sidney back, sell Kenny, keep Coleman as back up, hopefully to be replaced by John or another yoot.

Keeping a player like Kenny who will never be good enough just to block the progress of somebody better seems pointless to me.

Coleman has shown enough for me, hes not the player he was, but hes defo not finished.
1589573169773.png

we have not treated him well
How so?

Last edited:

....be interesting what happens with highly rated Academy RB, Kyle John. He’s had an injury which kept him out for a while but he’s 19 and needs to leapfrogging Kenny and others if he’s being considered back-up next season.

No point sending him out on loan next season, especially as he’ll be in the final year of his contract. As we’ve seen with the likes of Connolly and Pennington, a decision has to be made whether we use him or shift him.

....be interesting what happens with highly rated Academy RB, Kyle John. He’s had an injury which kept him out for a while but he’s 19 and needs to leapfrogging Kenny and others if he’s being considered back-up next season.

No point sending him out on loan next season, especially as he’ll be in the final year of his contract. As we’ve seen with the likes of Connolly and Pennington, a decision has to be made whether we use him or shift him.

Hes mentioned in the echo today ;)

If you think back to how ruthless top managers are, sellingColeman now would be the thing to do, still got a good reputation but not as he was. Then bring in a new RB.
Let Sidebe go back and have JKK as the competition, then put Kyle John out on loan like JKK.
The if JKK doesn’t force his way in, sell him next season and bring Kyle John in as back up and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.