Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not totally against signing Sidebe. He’s probably better at right mid than he is at right back. He might prove useful as a squad player. He’s not going to take us to the next level, though.
I think that is the important bit … not taking us to the next level.
He wouldn't be a bad signing and the money in pre Corona virus terms is modest but the lukewarm attitude of supporters towards signing him shows that he hasn't done enough or shown that he would improve our team.

If you look across the back line at Digne, for not much more money, we saw the impact he made and how he has increased in value and has forced his way into contention in a very good French side. Certainly a player good enough to play at a higher level.
That is the kind of impact you would hope from a signing.

Gomes , I think was doing well and becoming an important player. I think you have to discount the games he played after the return from injury when he was trying to reestablish himself again. Hopefully next season he will be back to his best and good enough to bring us to a higher level.

Bernard, is an unusual player for me, I think he could be a great player in the Man City side but needs that kind of football to get the best out of him. He has class but he is not a physically imposing player, isn't blessed with wonderful pace but in the right team certainly capable of playing to a very high level.

Richarlison.. Top player... keeping him will the our problem there.

Iwobi, A player I was very happy we signed, I saw him play for Arsenal and at times he was electric. He hasn't hit those heights for us and overall I have been disappointed in him, but he is still young , has pace and strength and could easily still prove that he can play at a higher level.

Of the outfield players we signed I think these offer the most and hopefully next season we will Gbamin to those.

True some have to miss out but for our LB slot who misses out?

....not exactly sure what you mean, but we need a first and 2nd choice. RB is less obvious but I’d say Sidebe is first choice RB, with Coleman supporting. LB is clearly Digne with Baines supporting.

Worth also considering any coming through the ranks who might come into contention and John might be one to watch at RB.

....not exactly sure what you mean, but we need a first and 2nd choice. RB is less obvious but I’d say Sidebe is first choice RB, with Coleman supporting. LB is clearly Digne with Baines supporting.

Worth also considering any coming through the ranks who might come into contention and John might be one to watch at RB.

My mistake Eggs I meant RB.

At RB i think its clear Sidibe is seen as 1st choice which opens up questions:

1: Is he going to stay

2: If he goes then is Coleman going to be moved on as well as an acceptable back up. Or moved on as well because clearly hes not up to challenging Sidibe so wont challenge a superior player.

3: Could Kenny be seen as a Sidibe replacement or a Coleman replacement.

At RB i think its clear Sidibe is seen as 1st choice which opens up questions:

1: Is he going to stay

2: If he goes then is Coleman going to be moved on as well as an acceptable back up. Or moved on as well because clearly hes not up to challenging Sidibe so wont challenge a superior player.

3: Could Kenny be seen as a Sidibe replacement or a Coleman replacement.

None of them are good enough.

But Coleman and Sidney have proven they have talent, JJK hasnt.

None of them are good enough.

But Coleman and Sidney have proven they have talent, JJK hasnt.

Which one of them can play every game to an average or above level ?

Sidibe certainly cant
Coleman has deteriorated and 'may' be able to take a backup role like Baines

Kenny even if average seems a more reliable option.

Which one of them can play every game to an average or above level ?

Sidibe certainly cant
Coleman has deteriorated and 'may' be able to take a backup role like Baines

Kenny even if average seems a more reliable option.

Kenny aint making it here, so whats the point in keeping him?

Send Sidney back, sell Kenny, keep Coleman as back up, hopefully to be replaced by John or another yoot.

Keeping a player like Kenny who will never be good enough just to block the progress of somebody better seems pointless to me.

Coleman has shown enough for me, hes not the player he was, but hes defo not finished.

Cyber bullies out in force hiding behind their keyboard. If you dont agree with them your an idiot. Same people wouldn't say boo to you if you saw them in a pub

I'll bet the coaching staff, scouts, loan handlers, and DoF have all watched JJK more closely in Germany than any of us. No question, they already have a plan at RB and its based on more than forum speculation, bias and hearsay. Trusting Brands here.

I think that is the important bit … not taking us to the next level.
He wouldn't be a bad signing and the money in pre Corona virus terms is modest but the lukewarm attitude of supporters towards signing him shows that he hasn't done enough or shown that he would improve our team.

If you look across the back line at Digne, for not much more money, we saw the impact he made and how he has increased in value and has forced his way into contention in a very good French side. Certainly a player good enough to play at a higher level.
That is the kind of impact you would hope from a signing.

Gomes , I think was doing well and becoming an important player. I think you have to discount the games he played after the return from injury when he was trying to reestablish himself again. Hopefully next season he will be back to his best and good enough to bring us to a higher level.

Bernard, is an unusual player for me, I think he could be a great player in the Man City side but needs that kind of football to get the best out of him. He has class but he is not a physically imposing player, isn't blessed with wonderful pace but in the right team certainly capable of playing to a very high level.

Richarlison.. Top player... keeping him will the our problem there.

Iwobi, A player I was very happy we signed, I saw him play for Arsenal and at times he was electric. He hasn't hit those heights for us and overall I have been disappointed in him, but he is still young , has pace and strength and could easily still prove that he can play at a higher level.

Of the outfield players we signed I think these offer the most and hopefully next season we will Gbamin to those.

I have gone full circle on Sidibe really. I'll be honest I didn't really see right back as a big priority as some seem to, if you have a competent player there you are ok. As you say though, the change in economic situation has just vastly increased his "real" price, where where I felt 12m was a bit of a bargain, it now just feels too big a commitment.

I'll also add I am concerned with him post Silva. Playing in a 4-4-2 you are put under a lot more pressure as a fullback. I have watched a lot of the watchback games, where many teams play the 4-4-2 and fullbacks have to defend a lot more. There are not 2 or 3 midfield players ready to fill in holes, the defenders have to do it. I watched Hibbert, Naysmith, Ablett etc and none of the were world beaters but they were all comfortable defenders. Sidibe isn't. He was really exposed at Arsenal. We lost 3 points down to him, he was all over the shop. At his age, I don't think he will become a better defender, so it looks a bad fit.

I look at a Kenny, and while he's quite limited, physically not the quickest or strongest, but he's always looked a good and willing defender to me. Where the fit has caught Sidibe out, it may well be perfect for JonJoe. He can focus on what he enjoys doing, which is defending.

I actually think Sidibe for a loan has done well overall for us. He's been a good signing, but probably makes sense to cut and run at this point.

Im more concerned about keeping Coleman / Sidibe around than Kenny.

Kenny would be fine for a season but we still need another player at RB as the other 2 arent good enough, that we know...

I'll be quite frank, I don't see us moving Coleman on at all, and at 31 he is the perfect back up. Plays well in games he comes in, good influence on the squad and happy to be 2nd fiddle. I don't see the point in signing an expensive back up, or having Kenny as back up at 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.