Jermaine Pennant anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he turned down a move to possibly 1 of the biggest clubs in the world, over a few bob, tells you everything that you need to know about this "player".

Mate, or should I say lid, the BBC report that he's "cool" on a move to Portsmouth. I don't blame him, Adams isn't going to take them anywhere in my humble opinion. If we could get the lad for under £3m, we'd be making a solid signing. Get Pennant playing to his potential, and we've got a man worth twice that or more. But then I'm clearly an idiot seeing as everyone bar you thinks he's useless. :(:Db)

I think he may be cool mate, because hes out of contract in the summer and can make a tidy little wedge as a free agent.

He wont come, the Waiter wouldnt allow it. There's something wrong with the lad - turning down Real Madrid and AC Milan (rumoured) because he wasnt getting enough in wages, maybe turning down Pompey.

He's not going to be at the RS in the summer, so I dont know what he wants really.....apart from mulah!!!

Been so long since I've seen him getting a decent run in the Premiership - has to be considered a risk for that, if not his previous misbehavior.

No doubt he'll be one of the 'bigger-name' free transfers going in the summer, but seems the smarmy git already knows that and wants to start a bidding war on his wages...

Basically a no-go for us then anyways, personally not too bothered either.

When we drop off Shandy, I'd happily take him on. Proven in the premiership as more than capable. Put him through a whole pre-season and he could be excellent.

We loaned Arteta and Pienaar when their value was rock-bottom but it was totally worth it in the long run. We need to punt on guys with talent who we can get on the cheap.

Shandy was a worthy punt at the time, but it hasn't paid off. Ok, we miss out there, but the transfer fee wasn't huge (even if his wages are high) and we haven't been crippled by his signing.

I'd definitely be looking to sign him asap.

Should get 1st team action there no problem, he'll use it to put himself in the window for a free permanent move in the summer - worth keeping an eye on I guess, but not at all convinced that he'd be a welcome addition.

Too much of an attitude for me - doubt very much he'd be the kind of guy that'd be a Moyes-type 110% player and would likely have a detrimental effect on our dressing room, who, really are a tremendously heartworking bunch of lads that'd die for the cause as well as each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.