Jermaine Pennant anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebbiolo

Valuation: £108 million
I know a lot of people hate him but he'd be as cheap as chips and we could do with a natural winger. His contract is up at the end of the season and Rafael hates him. I reckon £2m or so could land him.

Thoughts?

I'd take him, he's not a bad player and on his day he can be useful. We haven't got any money so maybe getting players like Pennant is the way to go.

According to a few sources we where interested in the summer along with Stoke and someone else.

Errr NO, he is an awful player

That's been due to a number of personal problems, mate. When he's playing without those, he can be pretty handy. Just after he sterted with the RS, he was one of their better players. Under those circumstances, I'd sooner see him on the right than Ossie. And Moyes is pretty good at bringing out the best in certain types of people. Perhaps Pennant would flourish under Moyes?

That's been due to a number of personal problems, mate. When he's playing without those, he can be pretty handy. Just after he sterted with the RS, he was one of their better players. Under those circumstances, I'd sooner see him on the right than Ossie. And Moyes is pretty good at bringing out the best in certain types of people. Perhaps Pennant would flourish under Moyes?

Another AdVM for me so its a big NO

Is there such thing as another VDM? He's in a League of his own to be honest.

Rafael doesn't like Pennant because he wouldn't move to Stoke in the summer to raise funds for Gareth Barry.

He's not good enough for Liverpool but Liverpool are a level above us. He's certainly good enough for us and he's what we need outwide. He has pace and he's a natural out there, exactly what we need.

We also don't have much money, for a free transfer or a cheap deal you wouldn't get many better players than Pennant.

Is there such thing as another VDM? He's in a League of his own to be honest.

Rafael doesn't like Pennant because he wouldn't move to Stoke in the summer to raise funds for Gareth Barry.

He's not good enough for Liverpool but Liverpool are a level above us. He's certainly good enough for us and he's what we need outwide. He has pace and he's a natural out there, exactly what we need.

We also don't have much money, for a free transfer or a cheap deal you wouldn't get many better players than Pennant.

Exactly. My only concern is his personal life and his tendency to get himself in bother (even if it is just being a lazy get and not turning up for training). But as far as potential goes, we would be hard pushed to get anyone near his level for the money we are talking about.

Hell NO, not even on a free, decent enough footballer, but ex jailbird and his dad just got locked up for selling crack. Way to many problems to even consider. Plus he acts like a total wingnut.

Moyes has built a good honest squad with no wannabes in it, idiots like him we dont need.

We have had a thread about him before if you go and search. The opinion then was NO and he is a troublemaker.(n)

Hell NO, not even on a free, decent enough footballer, but ex jailbird and his dad just got locked up for selling crack. Way to many problems to even consider. Plus he acts like a total wingnut.

Moyes has built a good honest squad with no wannabes in it, idiots like him we dont need.

AMEN TO THAT !

no thanks(n)

Status
Not open for further replies.