Jermaine Pennant anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, there you have made a mistake. Sheedy barely made it in the first team, and Beardsley was not a reject. He was just moving on after a really successful time.

I don't care though if Liverpool are top of the league and we are 7th. I don't want their [Poor language removed] players. Why? because they are [Poor language removed]. Jermaine Pennant is a pisshead prick who thinks he's a better footballer than he is. I would rather go with AVDM then him.

"In June 1991, Liverpool signed Derby striker Dean Saunders and despite the departure of David Speedie, Beardsley's first-team chances at Anfield were looking slimmer than ever, and a transfer from Anfield seemed inevitable."

Beardsley moved on because he wasn't going to get into the team, that's exactly what Pennant would be doing if he left Liverpool. Sheedy also left Liverpool to get more game time.

What's the difference? There isn't one actually. Both Sheedy and Beardley left to guarantee they saw more football. Pennant will be leaving for the same reason.

What's [Poor language removed] about Jermaine Pennant? He's not Champions League class but he's still a very useful player and he has talent. He'd probably get into our current side.

"In June 1991, Liverpool signed Derby striker Dean Saunders and despite the departure of David Speedie, Beardsley's first-team chances at Anfield were looking slimmer than ever, and a transfer from Anfield seemed inevitable."

Beardsley moved on because he wasn't going to get into the team, that's exactly what Pennant would be doing if he left Liverpool. Sheedy also left Liverpool to get more game time.

What's the difference? There isn't one actually. Both Sheedy and Beardley left to guarantee they saw more football. Pennant will be leaving for the same reason.

What's [Poor language removed] about Jermaine Pennant? He's not Champions League class but he's still a very useful player and he has talent. He'd probably get into our current side.

The difference is Beardsley was a world class player for Liverpool and then Everton. Pennant isn't world class, has never been world class, and never will be world class.

We have lots of different types of players.

Poor players, decent players, good players and players who are very good but not quite world class.

Think you'll find every single one of our players is world class, mate. Some are just more world class than others.

In all seriousness, I think Mikel is potentially world class. If he went back to Barca now I think he'd be amazing.

I'd like to see him have a run in his preffered position before I judge. We've never really seen him do that so it'll be interesting to see. From what I've seen of him over the past few years I'd say very good but he definatly lacks something. But that's on the wing though.

The closest we have to world class is Yakubu and Saha on his day.

I'd like to see him have a run in his preffered position before I judge. We've never really seen him do that so it'll be interesting to see. From what I've seen of him over the past few years I'd say very good but he definatly lacks something. But that's on the wing though.

The closest we have to world class is Yakubu and Saha on his day.

Arteta all day for me. Come on Mikel.

We've hijacked this thread well, I'm quite pleased. There is no way Pennant would get in our first team by the way, you nutcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.