Jermaine Pennant anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go against the grain here and say that I'd love to have Pennant here.

I'm not familiar with all of his off field issues but Moyes is the type of manager that could get him straightened out and get him to concentrate on his football.

In addition, I will always go back to the Lee Carsley quote about the Everton dressing room not having any "big time Charlies" and that every player knows his place. Pennant would be no exception and my thought would be that if he were to get out of line, Neville, Cahill, and the others would deal with it internally. You don't hear too many negative headlines about Everton players in the press when you think about it. The few times you do, it's done and dusted and they move on.

The Everton set up could be exactly the place the Pennant could realize his best football. Pennant could feel like a useful part of the squad here. A far cry from how he's been utilized over the past several years. That sort of change does wonders for a player's confidence and in turn, their form.

I've always rated him as a player back from his Leeds days (was always a danger when he had the ball at his feet) and I think he could fill a role for us that we all acknowledge that we desperately need, a winger who can get to the byline and give good service in to the box. A winger who can beat players and create for others.

Could he be a VDM? I guess he could. Like I said, I'm not familiar with his off field issues but for the price, he could be a very very good acquisition for us.

When I think of Pennant I always think of his 1st day when he signed for Arsenal and Wenger asked him if he was glad now that he played for a big club. Pennant said he was but would rather of signed for the RS, now with that kind of attitude do you still think he'd fit in at EFC Bill?

When I think of Pennant I always think of his 1st day when he signed for Arsenal and Wenger asked him if he was glad now that he played for a big club. Pennant said he was but would rather of signed for the RS, now with that kind of attitude do you still think he'd fit in at EFC Bill?

Was unaware of that but age and a bit of humility might have set in since then. That would be my hope anyway.

He's got to realize that it just hasn't happened for him at the [Poor language removed] and perhaps a fresh start could really revitalize his career.

Then again, maybe he wouldn't realize that.

Doesn't seem the type of personality that takes things in but he was only 15 when he signed for Arsenal so as you say he may have matured, still a no from me even if he has though

Let some other mugs bail the RS out in regards of a fee,£6M for that carthorse !

It'd be a dark day at Goodison if we even contemplated signing this loser.

Saha? Based on what exactly, he hasnt shown anything remotely world class

Based on opinion really. I think he's a class act and some of the things I've seen him do are different class to most of the players at our club.

Hardly been a bad signing like you make out mate. Came here for basically nothing, No pre-season, unfit when he came into the team and he's scored 3 goals in 8 starts. Not bad at all and hopefully there's more to come.

Even Utd fans said he was good enough to play for them, sadly his body seems to let him down.

I dont think anybody is doubting hes good, but this toccy fella is trying to tell us hes world class, hes trying to tell us hes in the David Villa, Lionel Messi, Kaka, Ronaldo, Fellaini bracket of players, THEY are world class players.

Saha is just very good, not world class.

I dont think anybody is doubting hes good, but this toccy fella is trying to tell us hes world class, hes trying to tell us hes in the David Villa, Lionel Messi, Kaka, Ronaldo, Fellaini bracket of players, THEY are world class players.

Saha is just very good, not world class.

lol

Based on opinion really. I think he's a class act and some of the things I've seen him do are different class to most of the players at our club.

Hardly been a bad signing like you make out mate. Came here for basically nothing, No pre-season, unfit when he came into the team and he's scored 3 goals in 8 starts. Not bad at all and hopefully there's more to come.

Even Utd fans said he was good enough to play for them, sadly his body seems to let him down.

He has been the signing i fully expected when we signed him, will appear for a few games trying to get match fit and then break down injured again. So it depends on your definition of a decent signing. As for world class, he has never been that even in his prime

Anyone who doesn't think Saha is a good player needs to read up on Football.

Good - Yes, World Class - Not even close

He has been the signing i fully expected when we signed him, will appear for a few games trying to get match fit and then break down injured again. So it depends on your definition of a decent signing. As for world class, he has never been that even in his prime

Good - Yes, World Class - Not even close

Well he's been involved in 13 matches this season and has missed two or three. That isn' bad. You could say the same about the likes of Pienaar, Cahill and Hibbert.

It's far to early to judge what type of signing he'll be. We'll just have to wait and see how many games we get out of him and how many goals he scores.

I don't think he is world class, he simply hasn't proved it and injuries have stopped him from reaching his potentially. Do I think he was potentially world class...yes I do. Obviously that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.