2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the desire from fans to see him play, given we have Tom Davies and Gylfi Sigurdsson actually starting games and with Allan still out.

But in all honesty... I'd be amazed if ever played for us again in any serious way. Perhaps a few minutes at the tail end of the season to put him in the shop window but I expect him to move back to France in the summer to rebuild his career, maybe on loan, and then after that he has a minor chance of playing for us in 2022/23, but contractually speaking you'd think we'd look to move him on for a fee at that point.

Hope I'm wrong of course but that amount of time out at a key stage of development for a footballer at his age... I just can't see him playing at the level and intensity needed for this league now.
The problem with that Tubey is that he will be on prem wages and hasn’t kicked a ball. So I doubt very much that a lad whose career might be over will cut short his Top wages premier league contract to head back to France? Similarly, nobody who could afford his wages are likely to want a lad who hasn’t played at all? Like it or not our only option is to hold out and hope he comes good?

But all of this is just you speculating he won’t come back a decent player? Ancelotti himself proved that isn’t always the case.

The difference being,we do not know if he was a decent player in the first place. Good in his previous league, yes, but was he ever going to to be up to prem standards? There were eyebrows raised by his previous club fans when we signed him.

Fingers crossed I guess

The difference being,we do not know if he was a decent player in the first place. Good in his previous league, yes, but was he ever going to to be up to prem standards? There were eyebrows raised by his previous club fans when we signed him.

Fingers crossed I guess
It is the epitome of ‘like a new signing’ because apart from one match, where he was clearly unfit, and a few minutes he’s an unknown entity.

Fingers crossed I guess
We simply don’t know. This is an astonishing set of circumstances, paid big money for someone to never play and now their contract is coming up. I’m genuinely lost at what you would do? He’s either leaving for free or a pittance or we have to extend that contract without any understanding of whether he a) will ever be truly fit b) can kick a ball.

but it is what it is, you can’t advocate for it.

We simply don’t know. This is an astonishing set of circumstances, paid big money for someone to never play and now their contract is coming up. I’m genuinely lost at what you would do? He’s either leaving for free or a pittance or we have to extend that contract without any understanding of whether he a) will ever be truly fit b) can kick a ball.

but it is what it is, you can’t advocate for it.
Yeh, strange circumstances indeed, if he was going to be good for us, I’d like to hope he still has the skill set to be so.

Status
Not open for further replies.