Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tf is ISS?

Highly rated young left back we have.

@Eggs thought he may get a few mins this season.

i dont think predicting him to be a backup left back for the 1st team before end of next season is a massive stretch...

Nkounkou got bombed out at a Championship club for being rubbish defensively, he'll turn 23 early next season and is playing at the bottom of the French second division, while we have a manager who wants his full backs to be able to defend more than anything else. If we're still a PL club he will be absolutely nowhere near the team.

To stay on topic I hope Branthwaite is very much part of the squad next year, regardless of what division we're in.

Yeah it was more that hed have a year left and could be an option if we needed a left wing back...akin to Vinagre.

We wont go down and I think Branthwaite will do what he did at PSV. Get his bearings and gradually get used to the league then cement a place over the season.

To clarify....

1: Currently Mykolenko and Patterson are our first choices.

2: For RB we need another to compete with Patterson.

3: If Branthwaite returns then he should be pushing Coady/Tarkowski for a starting place and getting 20+ games.

4: If Godfrey is also in the mix I'd see him as a utility player -- meaning backup at LB, CB, RB...hed get games and be valuable.

5: Nkounkou as backup left back...very good going forward if thats needed despite his defensive limitations.

6: With ISS i meant taking over from Nkounkou over next season....leading to him being potentially backup in 2024/25.

What we need is 3 attacking players.

An attacking central midfielder...a winger and a centre forward.

Just those 3 are critical.

Beyond that a right back and we make do with the above and hope Branthwaite can take a starting place and become the player he looks capable of being.
I’d bet you as much money as you want dyche the defensive coach. Does have the nkounko as back up left back. We will get another, maybe dyche wants a new first choice left back and Myko, who hasn’t been great this season as back up

i dont think predicting him to be a backup left back for the 1st team before end of next season is a massive stretch...

Yeah it was more that hed have a year left and could be an option if we needed a left wing back...akin to Vinagre.

We wont go down and I think Branthwaite will do what he did at PSV. Get his bearings and gradually get used to the league then cement a place over the season.

If Coady & Tarkowski are definitely first XI material, are you thinking the other 2 are Branthwaite and Godfrey, and Keane, Holgate and Mina have to go?

Hes absolutely miles away

Mina out of contract
Holgate + Keane = £20mil
Might be what you’d do but Dyche? Doubt it.

Looks like Keane and Tarks are his first choice. Can’t see him selling Keane. We’ll have those two and Branthwaite in the squad next season pretty sure - who will the other one maybe two centre backs be?

Mina’s gone, Holgate will surely go so question marks over Coady and Godfrey. Coady not sure Dyche will want to pay the fee for him or that he’ll want to make it permanent if he’s not starting. Godfrey should probably go for the sake of his career, he can’t head the ball or defend the edge of his own box so will struggle under Dyche even if he did get a game.

So would probably move on Mina, Coady, Holgate and Godfrey - go with Tarks, Keane, Branthwaite and one other next season.

If Coady & Tarkowski are definitely first XI material, are you thinking the other 2 are Branthwaite and Godfrey, and Keane, Holgate and Mina have to go?

I don't think we'll bother spending money on Coady. This is partly because I think Dyche likes Keane, but also why spend money and wages on a player in a position we are already looking to get rid of players. For me next season centre backs will be:

Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Keane
Godfrey (will fill in at LB)
Holgate (will be back up to CB and RB)

We'll let Coady's loan finish, and let Mina go

Status
Not open for further replies.