Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we'll bother spending money on Coady. This is partly because I think Dyche likes Keane, but also why spend money and wages on a player in a position we are already looking to get rid of players. For me next season centre backs will be:

Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Keane
Godfrey (will fill in at LB)
Holgate (will be back up to CB and RB)

We'll let Coady's loan finish, and let Mina go

Sending Kean to PSG to score goals in France to raise his profile was a master stroke :p

I don't think we'll bother spending money on Coady. This is partly because I think Dyche likes Keane, but also why spend money and wages on a player in a position we are already looking to get rid of players. For me next season centre backs will be:

Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Keane
Godfrey (will fill in at LB)
Holgate (will be back up to CB and RB)

We'll let Coady's loan finish, and let Mina go
Think we definitely need another centre half. I wouldn’t be happy with Keane and holgate as options. Definitely happy with Tarkowski, braithwaite and Godfrey. Think we might go for more experienced centre half who is comfortable in at 2. Problem with Keane is he is a massive confidence player, and when he ain’t confident he is just poor. But I also agree with you that dyche likes him but that worries me. As he may be okay short term till the end of the season. But going forward he isn’t for me personally.

Think we definitely need another centre half. I wouldn’t be happy with Keane and holgate as options. Definitely happy with Tarkowski, braithwaite and Godfrey. Think we might go for more experienced centre half who is comfortable in at 2. Problem with Keane is he is a massive confidence player, and when he ain’t confident he is just poor. But I also agree with you that dyche likes him but that worries me. As he may be okay short term till the end of the season. But going forward he isn’t for me personally.
He seems to lose confidence suddenly and has major dips in form, but I suppose Dyche will believe that Keane and Tarkowski are his first choice to recreate the 'magic' from Burnley. How far we have fallen . It's just a shame that we are dependent still on Keane. I really like Coady's approach and energy, but again, maybe that's not enough? How does he get picked as the 5th best CB for England though? He must be decent at his best, but we haven't seen it all the time. I liked Colgate for a while, but I'd like to now see Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Coady, Godfrey in that order , and sell the other two. I suspect it'll be Keane for Coady though

He's what you build the defence around in time. He has everything, fast, left and right foot, 6ft 5....You bring him in next to Tarks next season.

This loan has been probably the best loan I can think one of our players has had in years.
Yep, second half the season particularly, we be of the best loans one of players has had. Maybe last time was Leon Osman at Derby and came back to have a real impact with the first team the following season. Hopefully Jarrod can do the same….but we’ll probably sell him for a pittance.

Branthwaite's comments about "making a decision" and Van Nistelrooy's comments about there being a lot of competition for Branthwaite's signature make me think we've just put the lad in the shop window and we'll cash in when the summer arrives.

Hope I'm wrong.

Branthwaite's comments about "making a decision" and Van Nistelrooy's comments about there being a lot of competition for Branthwaite's signature make me think we've just put the lad in the shop window and we'll cash in when the summer arrives.

Hope I'm wrong.

I think he'll go. He's a starter now for a top European club playing in EL matches. Unless we can assure him of minutes here, which we've never done, he won't stay IMO.

I think he'll go. He's a starter now for a top European club playing in EL matches. Unless we can assure him of minutes here, which we've never done, he won't stay IMO.
Would be a very poor, disappointing but not surprising decision. Could see the board thinking £10million and some sell on clause. Would be a good deal.

Would be a real shame not to see him get a chance in the first team if he carries on like this.

I mean I wouldn’t necessarily say PSV are a Top European at this time.
The eredivisie isn’t the strongest at the moment, and they’re 4th out of the 4 dominant sides, at this time.

Nothing against Jarrad mind, who’s been excellent, a very positive story.

I’d expect us to give him a fair shot with there being a combination of ageing and sub par defenders on our book.

Dutch league reckon we need calm down a little even Davy Klassen looked like a Tim Cahill on legally prescribed amphetamine. Still work in progress and we have a fair few ahead of him currently who can perform Premier league.

That's a bit of a stretch. I think most players would see playing in the PL as a bigger draw than playing in the EL so it's not that we have to be worry about really. I think the second part is right though, having got experience at a good level now he's going to want to carry on playing and so if there isn't a place for him in our first team squad then he's going to want to go. It all depends how much he's developed his game I suppose, I wouldn't put too much stock in the fact we've never assured him of minutes before because realistically he's probably played as much as you would realistically have expected for someone of his age and position. If he's kicked on as much people seem to think he has then he should be at a level where he's a legitimate option for us next year.

Hope I'm wrong.
I don’t think we will,
Unless it’s a ridiculous offer we can’t turn down.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.