Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it’s just PSV who would put an offer in, so maybe the price would be higher but we need to tie him to a longer contract or he’ll go cheap the year after

I think he'll go. He's a starter now for a top European club playing in EL matches. Unless we can assure him of minutes here, which we've never done, he won't stay IMO.
Not down to him and again will be all down to the price, I’d imagine what we are likely to get offered, wouldn’t be a lot different to the following summer, especially if we give he games and he starts to perform at a high level in the prem

Would be a very poor, disappointing but not surprising decision. Could see the board thinking £10million and some sell on clause. Would be a good deal.

Would be a real shame not to see him get a chance in the first team if he carries on like this.
Even our clueless board wouldn’t sell that cheap, if he’s a Psv player and English clubs where sniffing, they’d want 40mil

Even our clueless board wouldn’t sell that cheap, if he’s a Psv player and English clubs where sniffing, they’d want 40mil
Exactly. Our valuation has to be the same as PSV’s would be if he was theirs, and looking at the wild prices of young Eredivisie players you’d say 30m plus bare minimum. I wouldn’t be inclined to sell because he’s potentially got the lot but if a big, big offer came we then need to decide whether other positions would benefit more from the investment.

Exactly. Our valuation has to be the same as PSV’s would be if he was theirs, and looking at the wild prices of young Eredivisie players you’d say 30m plus bare minimum. I wouldn’t be inclined to sell because he’s potentially got the lot but if a big, big offer came we then need to decide whether other positions would benefit more from the investment.
If Mina leaves on a free and Cody goes back to Wolves which looks likely at the minute it would free up a space in the squad especially if Godfrey continues to play at left back. Branthwaite has a lot of attributes you think Dyche would like so it does all seem to be falling into place for him.

If Mina leaves on a free and Cody goes back to Wolves which looks likely at the minute it would free up a space in the squad especially if Godfrey continues to play at left back. Branthwaite has a lot of attributes you think Dyche would like so it does all seem to be falling into place for him.
Agreed. 4.5m for Coady seemed like a no brainer a few months ago but there hardly seems to be a point any more.

Does JB not play the Left Centre Back which is where Tarks plays? Possibly he's the natural replacement for Tarks for the 2024/25 season if we take up the optio of a further year contract and loan him to a strong club in Italy/Spain/Germany though the Eredivisie has been good for his development.

Does JB not play the Left Centre Back which is where Tarks plays? Possibly he's the natural replacement for Tarks for the 2024/25 season if we take up the optio of a further year contract and loan him to a strong club in Italy/Spain/Germany though the Eredivisie has been good for his development.

Tarkowski has been playing as a left-sided CB here, only because the rest of our CBs are less comfortable there than him. He is, however, better as a right-sided CB which is where he played most of the time at Burnley and the stats support this

Let’s be honest the lad wants the move if he wasn’t interested it’s unlikely they would have made an offer.
Can’t say I blame him , playing first team football for PSV as opposed to a season battling relegation or playing Championship football for us.

I wouldn’t want Godfrey to remain at left back ok for now for a useless mykolenko but he’s no good left back, it’s ok dyche liking him but I think the player will want to move good thing is we will likely get a decent fee for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.