Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd expect Dyche goes with Tarkowski and Coady as the pairing for Branthwaite to force himself ahead of (as he did at PSV).

Godfrey as the utility player across the defence.

Any funds from Keane/Holgate go on a young right back with Nkounkou back as backup left back for a season allowing ISS a year to push into that role.
Can't argue with any of that apart from I'd fully expect Nkounkou to go in the summer.

I'd expect Dyche goes with Tarkowski and Coady as the pairing for Branthwaite to force himself ahead of (as he did at PSV).

Godfrey as the utility player across the defence.

Any funds from Keane/Holgate go on a young right back with Nkounkou back as backup left back for a season allowing ISS a year to push into that role.
I think your idea for getting another RB but not a LB is a bit strange

I think your idea for getting another RB but not a LB is a bit strange

We have Mykolenko + Patterson as 1st choices.

On the left we I named Godfrey as utility player, Nkounkou as backup + ISS to take over his role over the course of next season.

We have nothing else on the right next season so would need to sign another.

On the left we I named Godfrey as utility player, Nkounkou as backup + ISS to take over his role over the course of next season.

Neither one is even remotely good enough at this level and Patterson can't stay fit on top of that.

Has Nkonkou shown anything to suggest he’s a Prem player (if we are a Prem club like). Unless we go down I think he’ll be moved on.

We have Coleman. And while im
Not his biggest fan, he’s can still do a good job as is proving this season, he’s played 15 games so far. And I think he will stay another season.

If Myko gets an injury There’s no way Nkounko will be able to handle 15 games in the premier league, he will be taken out in 2 and Godfrey put there, while Godfrey has done well in a defensive set up, 30% possession sit back and Defend, if we need to go forward and take the game to a lower ranked team at home it’s not ideal.

If we go into next season with Tarkowski, coady, Godfrey and Branthwaite, as our CB’s we will be stretching ourselves if Godfrey has to play left back for 20 games. Go and get Bensabini Algerian international 27 playing in France, plays left back but can play CB 6ft2 and on a free.

ISS will be 17 for all of next season. Hopefully we’ll be stable enough to give him some first team game time but we won’t have changed enough to have him starting regularly , and “ utility player backup” means sitting on the bench not getting any game time anywhere. He’s a talent with a lot more development and experience needed yet.

I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him play another full season with PSV next year. I expect Tarkowski and Coady will be first choice for us again next year. Godfrey and another as back ups. I'd rather see Branthwaite play every week than sit on our bench personally.

ISS will be 17 for all of next season. Hopefully we’ll be stable enough to give him some first team game time but we won’t have changed enough to have him starting regularly , and “ utility player backup” means sitting on the bench not getting any game time anywhere. He’s a talent with a lot more development and experience needed yet.

He's also nowhere near ready for the first team physically yet.

Neither one is even remotely good enough at this level and Patterson can't stay fit on top of that.

Has Nkonkou shown anything to suggest he’s a Prem player (if we are a Prem club like). Unless we go down I think he’ll be moved on.

We have Coleman. And while im
Not his biggest fan, he’s can still do a good job as is proving this season, he’s played 15 games so far. And I think he will stay another season.

If Myko gets an injury There’s no way Nkounko will be able to handle 15 games in the premier league, he will be taken out in 2 and Godfrey put there, while Godfrey has done well in a defensive set up, 30% possession sit back and Defend, if we need to go forward and take the game to a lower ranked team at home it’s not ideal.

If we go into next season with Tarkowski, coady, Godfrey and Branthwaite, as our CB’s we will be stretching ourselves if Godfrey has to play left back for 20 games. Go and get Bensabini Algerian international 27 playing in France, plays left back but can play CB 6ft2 and on a free.

To clarify....

1: Currently Mykolenko and Patterson are our first choices.

2: For RB we need another to compete with Patterson.

3: If Branthwaite returns then he should be pushing Coady/Tarkowski for a starting place and getting 20+ games.

4: If Godfrey is also in the mix I'd see him as a utility player -- meaning backup at LB, CB, RB...hed get games and be valuable.

5: Nkounkou as backup left back...very good going forward if thats needed despite his defensive limitations.

6: With ISS i meant taking over from Nkounkou over next season....leading to him being potentially backup in 2024/25.

What we need is 3 attacking players.

An attacking central midfielder...a winger and a centre forward.

Just those 3 are critical.

Beyond that a right back and we make do with the above and hope Branthwaite can take a starting place and become the player he looks capable of being.

To clarify....

1: Currently Mykolenko and Patterson are our first choices.

2: For RB we need another to compete with Patterson.

3: If Branthwaite returns then he should be pushing Coady/Tarkowski for a starting place and getting 20+ games.

4: If Godfrey is also in the mix I'd see him as a utility player -- meaning backup at LB, CB, RB...hed get games and be valuable.

5: Nkounkou as backup left back...very good going forward if thats needed despite his defensive limitations.

6: With ISS i meant taking over from Nkounkou over next season....leading to him being potentially backup in 2024/25.

What we need is 3 attacking players.

An attacking central midfielder...a winger and a centre forward.

Just those 3 are critical.

Beyond that a right back and we make do with the above and hope Branthwaite can take a starting place and become the player he looks capable of being.
Nkounkou got bombed out at a Championship club for being rubbish defensively, he'll turn 23 early next season and is playing at the bottom of the French second division, while we have a manager who wants his full backs to be able to defend more than anything else. If we're still a PL club he will be absolutely nowhere near the team.

To stay on topic I hope Branthwaite is very much part of the squad next year, regardless of what division we're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.