January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt Chelsea sign players in advance of their transfer ban -- those players were allowed to be registered and play?

Wouldnt make sense because its a supposed breach of accounts that were already passed.
I’d imagine the club predicted this would happen privately. We have therefore tried to significantly reduce our spending to show the commission we have a plan and are on top of reducing our losses.

Didnt Chelsea sign players in advance of their transfer ban -- those players were allowed to be registered and play?

Wouldnt make sense because its a supposed breach of accounts that were already passed.
Even if we get a transfer ban dont think it would be done for the next season so the club can appeal the decision if goes against us

Even if we get a transfer ban dont think it would be done for the next season so the club can appeal the decision if goes against us

Exactly. Was wondering why people dont think there would be signings in summer...would make more sense for their to be additional business brought forward.

Suddenly not too enthusiastic about this upcoming window. lol

I agree. But more because it may be more difficult to attract players with an unknown punishment hanging over our heads. Personally, I don’t think the punishment will be very harsh, but will prospective new players see it that way?

Any fee for Onana will be well over 50M and will be pushing our record for an outgoing player.

Nobody is going to pay that for him this summer. He isn’t on that level right now. He could be in the future, but he’s not there yet. I think he’s had a very mixed season and is still settling into top level football.

Status
Not open for further replies.