January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can’t be serious; so someone who has been apart of a catastrophic recruitment policy is about to become our HoR
Apparently so, yes.

But it's all gone quiet on all of it so who knows.

FWIW, I agree with you, it's mental. But Everton do have some very good scouts that have been either blatantly ignored or the decision makers have failed to act on their recommendations.

Lets face it here, if the players had gone to the other club Trippier would be an injury prone hasbeen who we paid too much for and are stuck with on a long term contract and Patterson would be a great up and coming player who we should have got for buttons.

We seem to ruin every player.
I get that, and I said at the time we couldn't afford Trippier on £130k a week, like how we can't afford Ings on £100k a week - even though really he's the type of forward we'd need, and KT is the type of RB we needed.

But he's been an absolute gamechanger for Newcastle.

I just can’t see Ziyech because he’s far too good for us and the exact sort of attacking creative player we need.
Depends on who is the manager. If the new manager is relatively unknown it will be difficult to convince ziyech to join us...unless we are targeting the manager of the Moroccan national team which to be fair has done a fabulous job in the world cup...

The DoF's job is to implement the overall strategy of the club, which is given to him by the board of directors when he is hired.

The DoF should then hire a head of recruitment and coach to work within those parameters. If they need hiring. If they are there already, the DoF is still their boss, so to speak.

A HoR still hasn't been officially hired in the 11 months Thelwell has been here and apparently the one who is getting the job is an internal promotion, which makes even less sense.

Its an absolute cartel isnt it.

Any news of other players or are they just waving the white flag at this point?

Surely they know we need more good players...

Status
Not open for further replies.