January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep hes a good player, mad to think we have lads in our academy with better underage scoring records. I dont think its the Harry Kane show though and ive no doubt he will be flogged eventually its there model, they are more then a one man team, i think its the Poch show to be honest.
Nah, watch his build up play as well as his scoring record. TOP TIER. He was always better than Lukaku due to his all round contribution.

Let me give you my point of view. When Kane was injured for thar long period Psychologically it gives the rest of the team a challenge. The manager pumps them up. Cmon boys show Harry we don't need him. It's an opportunity to show the boss they are better than he thinks. They rise to the occasion. Its great man management.

However if Kane was sold and a younger striker, not nearly as prolific, came in I think the other players heads would drop. They would be thinking, omg where is our talisman? Without that safety net, knowing Kane the superman was gone, they could no longer rely on his 25 goals. Soon enough results would suffer as confidence slipped. Escape goats would be destroyed by the fans

Can't you see. You need a world class striker to lead not just the line but the team as well.

So you're saying you'd rather have Son in your team than Kane? If you had to choose one which would it be?

Not saying Kane isn’t a great player, he is. I’d have a soft spot for him too because his Dad is Irish. I think Spurs are a good team though, just not a one man show, Ali, Eriksen, Son, Toby, all class and all significant contributors.

Obviously we have different opinions and that’s grand, I’d probably go for Son, just to be controversial, but Kane really.

Nah, watch his build up play as well as his scoring record. TOP TIER. He was always better than Lukaku due to his all round contribution.

Let me give you my point of view. When Kane was injured for thar long period Psychologically it gives the rest of the team a challenge. The manager pumps them up. Cmon boys show Harry we don't need him. It's an opportunity to show the boss they are better than he thinks. They rise to the occasion. Its great man management.

However if Kane was sold and a younger striker, not nearly as prolific, came in I think the other players heads would drop. They would be thinking, omg where is our talisman? Without that safety net, knowing Kane the superman was gone, they could no longer rely on his 25 goals. Soon enough results would suffer as confidence slipped. Escape goats would be destroyed by the fans

Can't you see. You need a world class striker to lead not just the line but the team as well.

He’s class admittedly, do you think he’s better then say Shearer?

Yeah we’d have different opinions on the rest.

He’s class admittedly, do you think he’s better then say Shearer?

Yeah we’d have different opinions on the rest.
Shearer was a different era so unfair to compare. Sheare I guess was more lethal in front of goal but Kanes all round play and athleticism is superior.

Shearer was a different era so unfair to compare. Sheare I guess was more lethal in front of goal but Kanes all round play and athleticism is superior.

Id say the exact opposite to be honest, Shearer was far more atlehtic and his build up play was significantly better.

Opinions are mad arent they.

God i feel old, i still think Shearer is a modern era striker.

Id say the exact opposite to be honest, Shearer was far more atlehtic and his build up play was significantly better.

Opinions are mad arent they.

God i feel old, i still think Shearer is a modern era striker.
Just look at shearer’s record in his prime at rovers. There is no contest who was the better striker. Ironically not surprisingly the injury he received at Goodison took the edge out of his game. But what a player.

Just look at shearer’s record in his prime at rovers. There is no contest who was the better striker. Ironically not surprisingly the injury he received at Goodison took the edge out of his game. But what a player.

He was very super, had it all really and did it in gash teams. I suppose i mention him just in the Kane debate, because i think Spurs are more then just the Harry Kane show, good player as he is.

Shearer won the title with Blackburn, Blackburn!!!!

I rate Kane though very highly.

No contest? Their records look almost identical to me.

I'd take Shearer over Kane if only for his loving personality ha...Seriously though i think they are very similar players with very similar records to think one of them is far superior than the other really is nonsensical.

*edit...Shearer 130 gls in 171 app for Blackburn....Kane 128 gls in 176 app in his previous 4 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.