January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandro, Niasse, Bolasie, Williams and Morgan are on inflated wages just off the top of my head for their ability hence why its hard to shift them. Williams is on 60k and Sandro 100k who in their right mind would match these? Loans was the only option in most cases. We have to hope someone buys them or their are options to buy. I suspect Morgan, Mcarthy and maybe Tosun will go this window. Maybe then we can bring a striker in.
So 5 of the 18 are hard to shift (not impossible, but hard). And the other 13?

May as well end this thread now, Silva saying he can't go into the market. Stuck with this dross for the rest of the season boys

You see the problem though surely??
I see that for some it'd be difficult, but for most it's possible.

The key point here is that they are no longer available for Everton to sell this season as most if not all are in a season long loan deal. That, in a month when we know we have to sell to buy, means the January window can only be used by selling a player we still need, like Gueye.

The whole episode underlies one thing for me: Brands has not sat down and thought through his industrial scale loan system.

I see that for some it'd be difficult, but for most it's possible.

The key point here is that they are no longer available for Everton to sell this season as most if not all are in a season long loan deal. That, in a month when we know we have to sell to buy, means the January window can only be used by selling a player we still need, like Gueye.

The whole episode underlies one thing for me: Brands has not sat down and thought through his industrial scale loan system.
We were loaning players out rather than selling them before brands arrived though?

I'm sure brands had the issue of reducing the wage bill in the summer to be able to bring the players he did to the club. Which if it meant loans over transfers then so be it.

Once he gets going for real then the wages will drop and the quality will go up throughout the squad. So no more Martina's as stop gaps or mirallas type players getting contracts for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.