January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really as many as 18 on loan... Niasse. Mirallas. Sandro. Besic. Vlasic. Onyekuru. Williams. Martina. Pennington. Connolly. Robinson. Garbutt. Holgate. Dowell.

Who have I missed?

I see that for some it'd be difficult, but for most it's possible.

The key point here is that they are no longer available for Everton to sell this season as most if not all are in a season long loan deal. That, in a month when we know we have to sell to buy, means the January window can only be used by selling a player we still need, like Gueye.

The whole episode underlies one thing for me: Brands has not sat down and thought through his industrial scale loan system.

I think the opposite. Most of them will be hard to shift.

The few like Vlasic maybe a little easier as at least he’s doing ok on his loan.

Mirallas
Martina
Bolasie
Garbutt
Tarashaj

My god I can’t go on. It hurts too much.

Is it really as many as 18 on loan... Niasse. Mirallas. Sandro. Besic. Vlasic. Onyekuru. Williams. Martina. Pennington. Connolly. Robinson. Garbutt. Holgate. Dowell.

Who have I missed?

Joe Hilton, keeper is out on loan at Marine, you've missed out Bolasie ( probably on purpose lol) so add them 2 it's 16 in total and I can't see anyone else we've missed

Who have I missed?

Joe Hilton, keeper is out on loan at Marine, you've missed out Bolasie ( probably on purpose lol) so add them 2 it's 16 in total and I can't see anyone else we've missed

Joe or Ashley Williams, whichever 1 you didn't list.

And Lavery

Brands has a question to answer. His decision to place 17 players out on loan, and therefore out of the reach of him being able to sell them to generate money for this month's window, was a massive error of judgement. It's effectively sidelined us in the transfer market and means that only the sale of a much needed player like Gueye, for example, can provide him with the cash to reinvest in January.
I get that but they’re off the wage bill.

Loaned out: 18

Hilton (Evo-Stik)
Martina (Stoke City)
Pennington (Ipswich Town)
Williams, A (Stoke City)
Garbutt (Oxford United)
Besic (Middlesbrough)
Tarashaj (Grasshoppers)
Bolasie (Aston Villa)
Sandro (Real Sociedad)
Niasse (Cardiff City)
Lavery (Falkirk)
Mirallas (Fiorentina)

Holgate (West Brom)
Robinson (Wigan Athletic)
Connolly (Wigan Athletic)
Williams, J (Bolton Wanderers)
Vlasic (CSKA Moscow)
Dowell (Sheffield United)
Onyekuru (Galatasaray)

If what Silva said earlier is true it will be a total injustice if a striker is not brought in this window.
Every man and his dog can see it , teams are exploiting it and we are going into games handicapped every week.
Its no good waiting till the summer if we are knocked out the cup early & end up the wrong end of the league.
If you think its hard now bringing players in wait till summer and our better ( the few we have) players want to jump ship.
This could end up worse than Koemans second season

If what Silva said earlier is true it will be a total injustice if a striker is not brought in this window.
Every man and his dog can see it , teams are exploiting it and we are going into games handicapped every week.
Its no good waiting till the summer if we are knocked out the cup early & end up the wrong end of the league.
If you think its hard now bringing players in wait till summer and our better ( the few we have) players want to jump ship.
This could end up worse than Koemans second season

Said this before but a striker is not going to change anything if we don't actually change the way we are playing.

We don't create chances for a striker, our decision making is awful and our final ball shocking. You would get the same result playing a traffic cone up front.

Obviously its an area we can improve on but I think it is glossing over a bigger problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.