January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands has a question to answer. His decision to place 17 players out on loan, and therefore out of the reach of him being able to sell them to generate money for this month's window, was a massive error of judgement. It's effectively sidelined us in the transfer market and means that only the sale of a much needed player like Gueye, for example, can provide him with the cash to reinvest in January.
Nobody wanted them

Depends though doesn’t it? Quite clearly nobody wanted or wants to buy them so why would you want them all here lingering about?
"Quite clearly" - there's nothing clear about it as you'd appreciate if you read today's posts on this thread.

There has been little in the way of a concerted attempt to sell rather than buy. The policy in the summer was to offload ASAP to clip a few million off the season's wage bill. Now, in the light of a sell to buy order from the top, his hands are effectively tied. Ergo: he didn't think this whole season's transfer strategy through.

Brands has a question to answer. His decision to place 17 players out on loan, and therefore out of the reach of him being able to sell them to generate money for this month's window, was a massive error of judgement. It's effectively sidelined us in the transfer market and means that only the sale of a much needed player like Gueye, for example, can provide him with the cash to reinvest in January.

....oh dear, I went the pub and you were going on about this. I came back from the pub and you’re still going on about this. At least i’ve had a bucket of Guinness.

Everton boss Marco Silva says that the conditions in January are not conducive to buying players and that Everton fans should not expect any incomings this month.
Speaking after his sides 2-1 defeat at Southampton in the Premier League, where it was obvious the Blues lacked an out and out goalscorer, Silva said he wanted to stop the speculation.

He said, “Even to stop the speculation, I said that the feedback from our board is that we don’t have the conditions to go into the market.”

....oh dear, I went the pub and you were going on about this. I came back from the pub and you’re still going on about this. At least i’ve had a bucket of Guinness.
Well I had a great walk around the Scottish hills and had a pint too in that intervening period, so that makes two of us...and I got some exercise in....and I still remain correct and you still remain incorrect.

Everton boss Marco Silva says that the conditions in January are not conducive to buying players and that Everton fans should not expect any incomings this month.
Speaking after his sides 2-1 defeat at Southampton in the Premier League, where it was obvious the Blues lacked an out and out goalscorer, Silva said he wanted to stop the speculation.

He said, “Even to stop the speculation, I said that the feedback from our board is that we don’t have the conditions to go into the market.
For 'conditions' read "actual players to sell now they're all on loan"

"Quite clearly" - there's nothing clear about it as you'd appreciate if you read today's posts on this thread.

There has been little in the way of a concerted attempt to sell rather than buy. The policy in the summer was to offload ASAP to clip a few million off the season's wage bill. Now, in the light of a sell to buy order from the top, his hands are effectively tied. Ergo: he didn't think this whole season's transfer strategy through.

You have absolutely no idea about what attempts there has been to sell these players. So stop pretending you do.

You have absolutely no idea about what attempts there has been to sell these players. So stop pretending you do.
...but you, on the other hand, have all the evidence at your finger tips that 18 players currently out on loan were incapable of being sold.

How convenient.
You've seen the wages some of them are on? Who would pay money and match their wages? I think you can thank Walsh and Mosh for that. Brands is in to clear up the mess, loaning them is a short term solution to a deeper list of issues. I suspect we will make sales this window.

Maybe neither of us know.
18 players....18 players could be wanted by all those clubs but our DoF couldn't persuade 1, 2, or even 3 players and their loaning clubs to make it permanent.

I'm honestly just amazed we sold Klaassen (although he had to sell him half price to get the sale) and Mori.

You've seen the wages some of them are on? Who would pay money and match their wages? I think you can thank Walsh and Mosh for that. Brands is in to clear up the mess, loaning them is a short term solution to a deeper list of issues. I suspect we will make sales this window.
I've seen them yes: some in the £20-30k bracket, some in the £40-50k bracket and one or two on a high £80K pw wage. How much higher are the wages of most of those on loan from being average PL wages? Most I'd say. Certainly there's a quite a few out the 18 on loan.

I've seen them yes: some in the £20-30k bracket, some in the £40-50k bracket and one or two on a high £80K pw wage. How much higher are the wages of most of those on loan from being average PL wages? Most I'd say. Certainly there's a quite a few out the 18 on loan.
Sandro, Niasse, Bolasie, Williams and Morgan are on inflated wages just off the top of my head for their ability hence why its hard to shift them. Williams is on 60k and Sandro 100k who in their right mind would match these? Loans was the only option in most cases. We have to hope someone buys them or their are options to buy. I suspect Morgan, Mcarthy and maybe Tosun will go this window. Maybe then we can bring a striker in.

18 players....18 players could be wanted by all those clubs but our DoF couldn't persuade 1, 2, or even 3 players and their loaning clubs to make it permanent.

I'm honestly just amazed we sold Klaassen (although he had to sell him half price to get the sale) and Mori.

Who would pay Sandro what we pay him?
Who would pay bloody Luke bloody Garbutt what we pay him?

The list is so long it’s painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.