January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sign a lot of players on absurdly long contracts, I get you need to have players with a few years left on their contracts to make any money out of the transfers but they need to be desirable players that other clubs a) want to buy if we want rid and b) pick up the astronomical wages we pay said players. Only an idiot would forgo more money so can't really blame players for leaving for less.

I think the opposite. Most of them will be hard to shift.

The few like Vlasic maybe a little easier as at least he’s doing ok on his loan.

Mirallas
Martina
Bolasie
Garbutt
Tarashaj

My god I can’t go on. It hurts too much.
Don’t even bother with him he just complains and when you bring up a valid and nondisputable point to show him he’s wrong he just pouts and stops responding. He’s a waste of breath at this point

We sign a lot of players on absurdly long contracts, I get you need to have players with a few years left on their contracts to make any money out of the transfers but they need to be desirable players that other clubs a) want to buy if we want rid and b) pick up the astronomical wages we pay said players. Only an idiot would forgo more money so can't really blame players for leaving for less.
I wonder if a new contract option could be explored. Offer them a potential 5 years with 3 years guaranteed and variable wages between x and y amounts starting exactly between the2 with length and wage being determined based upon performances and appearances for the team. Re-evaluate them at the 2 and 4 year mark for choosing to keep for 5 or sell at 3 and/or increasing/decreasing their wage.

Example sign Gomes promising him at least 3 years starting him off at £70k with the option to be decreased to £60k or increase to £90k. Re-evaluate him and his contract at year 2 into his term and dictate if it is extended to 5 year or not and/or if his wage will be increased/decreased/stay the same. Then do the same thing at the 4 year mark. Wages could be re-evaluated with every transfer window and be subject to change.

I wonder if a new contract option could be explored. Offer them a potential 5 years with 3 years guaranteed and variable wages between x and y amounts starting exactly between the2 with length and wage being determined based upon performances and appearances for the team. Re-evaluate them at the 2 and 4 year mark for choosing to keep for 5 or sell at 3 and/or increasing/decreasing their wage.

Example sign Gomes promising him at least 3 years starting him off at £70k with the option to be decreased to £60k or increase to £90k. Re-evaluate him and his contract at year 2 into his term and dictate if it is extended to 5 year or not and/or if his wage will be increased/decreased/stay the same. Then do the same thing at the 4 year mark. Wages could be re-evaluated with every transfer window and be subject to change.

LOL

Thats a great idea, apart from when West Ham say "We will give you 90k for 5 years", basically no player in the world would sign a performance-related contract.

You might get away with that on FIFA but not in the real world.

LOL

Thats a great idea, apart from when West Ham say "We will give you 90k for 5 years", basically no player in the world would sign a performance-related contract.
Well the original wage is based off what’s they should deserve coming in but if a team out bids us so be it. It happens. Just think players like Sandro Schniederlin and Mirallas shouldn’t be on the wages they are and there has to be a way to correct it through the wording of the contract that if they don’t live up to be the player that they were promising to be they can’t just sit and collect. Light a fire under the a sses of some of these players

LOL

No one would be in your side.
All I know is that the NFL uses it and pays their players just as much if not more and it’s generally accepted. European football teams already do it in another form through appearance/goals/clean sheet/assist bonuses but why not offer an increase wage instead of a lump sum of cash?

Well the original wage is based off what’s they should deserve coming in but if a team out bids us so be it. It happens. Just think players like Sandro Schniederlin and Mirallas shouldn’t be on the wages they are and there has to be a way to correct it through the wording of the contract that if they don’t live up to be the player that they were promising to be they can’t just sit and collect. Light a fire under the a sses of some of these players
The wages are their absolute minimum pay. It can't just be made lower. Most footballer contracts have all kinds of bonuses included, appearences/goals/etc, that's how you implement any kind of performance-related pay.

The wages are their absolute minimum pay. It can't just be made lower. Most footballer contracts have all kinds of bonuses included, appearences/goals/etc, that's how you implement any kind of performance-related pay.
If that’s the case why not low ball wages all the time with performance incentives like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.