January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also of the view that Everton aren't doing particularly well at offloading players.

Bolasie, Vlasic, Niasse, Mirallas, Besic, Martina, Ramirez, Garbutt etc.

Too many loans, to poor choices meaning too many deferred headaches with no or limited chance of permanent deals.

Again, what if we wanted to sell them (I'm sure we did) but just couldn't get a buyer that would stump up AND cover their wages? It can't be a particularly bad job when we only know half the information.

Exactly my point when I said;

I'm also of the view that Everton aren't doing particularly well at offloading players.

Too many loans, to poor choices meaning too many deferred headaches with no or limited chance of permanent deals.

I'm not saying we're not wanting to sell them, just evidently we don't seem very good at it.

Inflated prices/wages aren't exclusive to Everton.

Reduce the fee to cover the wage gap, or tell that player they wont get a sniff of football unless they move.

A loan is a convenience to the buying club and player - not to Everton.

I just think we're loaning too many out, deferring a problem and not taking advantage of selling in transfer windows.

Exactly my point when I said;

I'm not saying we're not wanting to sell them, just evidently we don't seem very good at it.

Inflated prices/wages aren't exclusive to Everton.

Reduce the fee to cover the wage gap, or tell that player they wont get a sniff of football unless they move.

A loan is a convenience to the buying club and player - not to Everton.

I just think we're loaning too many out, deferring a problem and not taking advantage of selling in transfer windows.

You're not really addressing the point though - people still have to WANT to buy them. We can offer ribbons and sweeties on top but teams still might not want to buy these players. I don't blame them; they're naff.

When you say fact do you mean that is your opinion based on your interpretation of the situation? Or do you have clear evidence?

Did we have offers from clubs to buy the players who are out on loan that we rejected?
Of course it's my own opinion based on facts.

Look, shifting out so many players without being rigorous enough in negotiations to get cash in for more than 2 out of 19 players departing th club in the summer is appalling forward planning and judgement....just look at how we're now placed to get players in this month.

You're not really addressing the point though - people still have to WANT to buy them. We can offer ribbons and sweeties on top but teams still might not want to buy these players. I don't blame them; they're naff.

They're names - we bought them. Other clubs would otherwise they wouldn't be loaned. I've just given a list of players we've loaned out.

Take Mirallas, Olympiacos and Fiorentina were always terrible loan destinations. Never going to buy him and he's gone from 29 to 31. We should be able to flog the likes of Mirallas and Niasse.

Ramirez and Vlasic should have been loaned to teams that are shop window teams or teams who'll give us an actual indication on whether they can perform in the Prem.

A number of teams around the world would have any of the players we want to move on. Next to none would want them on their current inflated salaries. Many of the players will have no desire to lower their wages to move rather than just go on loan for the remainder of their contracts.

Hence, many loan moves.

Brands has got a nightmare on his hands finding a way to clear the decks before we invest again. To continue adding to our outgoing money above what we bring in is kamikaze stuff so count me as happy we're not doing it.

I really can’t understand why people are not getting this. It really is not complicated. We NEED to sell does not mean they WANT to buy.

Well said.

This conversation just keeps going round and round, it’s exhausting.

Brands has been here months not years. His whole philosophy takes time, give the guy a break.

We made the bed we are in not brands.

It will take a few windows to sort this out.

Although I've joked in the past he isn't real and is a bot used to drive engagement - if you actually use your head, nobody would get banned at all if that was the case. Those who have used this forum for any period of time in the 11+ years we've been running will know full well we'd remove the rights to post from a prominent/frequent poster as quick as a new member.

I'm also of the view that @davek will discourage more from posting than those that do.

Ultimately, we moderate the forum with these guidelines and we'll never allow moderators to ban fans from this platform because they disagree with their opinion. The vast majority of visitors will applaud that moderating stance - particularly those who use other forums...

I've commented before on dave;

That said, he does sail close to wind on this;
Fair points. But I think he just goes off topic too much is all.

They're names - we bought them. Other clubs would otherwise they wouldn't be loaned. I've just given a list of players we've loaned out.

Take Mirallas, Olympiacos and Fiorentina were always terrible loan destinations. Never going to buy him and he's gone from 29 to 31. We should be able to flog the likes of Mirallas and Niasse.

Ramirez and Vlasic should have been loaned to teams that are shop window teams or teams who'll give us an actual indication on whether they can perform in the Prem.

At loan prices you can gamble
Not the same as buying and silly wages these clowns are on

A number of teams around the world would have any of the players we want to move on. Next to none would want them on their current inflated salaries.

Hence, many loan moves.

Brands has got a nightmare on his hands finding a way to clear the decks before we invest again. To continue adding to our outgoing money above what we bring in is kamikaze stuff so count me as happy we're not doing it.

Inflated wages aren't exclusive to Everton.

Fee reduced, or Everton pay a fee to cover the difference. Arsenal are apparently doing this with Ozil to get rid of him and his £300k wages.

Clubs recognise if they pay very little for the fee, they'll pay more for wages. We got Ramirez for buttons at the time by way of transfer fee, hence the mark up on wages. Sanchez and Man Utd being an example.

At loan prices you can gamble
Not the same as buying and silly wages these clowns are on

Are we a soft touch though?

Are we a bit 'desperate'?

Clubs will of course loan with options to purchase if they can. Especially the likes of Bolasie, Vlasic, Mirallas, Besic and Niasse.

Maybe the club should stop being so vocal on needing to shift players before buying.

Interestingly, Silva has started to say we're a little short when it come to McCarthy.

“Let's see what will happen, you never know in football," Silva said.

"Like you said, our squad at the moment is short and if something happened with one, two or three players then the possibilities will come more and more.

“To train with 21 or 22 players, not including goalkeepers, is not a big number and some issues could come – although I hope not – and so the solutions could come for all.

Er... you also realise the PLAYER has to agree to a move as well?
It’s not even just finding a club that’ll loan/buy.
Unfortunately for us not only have we bought poor quality players, a lot of them come across as happier to sit on their arses collecting a wage than actually playing football. Walsh/Koeman’s mess isn’t easy to sort. It’s not flipping fifa

Status
Not open for further replies.