January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often thought that Davek is a wum used by the site to drum up debate and get people positing.
And the fact he is allowed to take over threads and go completely off topic kinda confirms it..

100% at first it was rather humourous. The brown nosing of Martinez was borderline crazy stalker, it was incredible. Then there was an admittance of being wrong. But now he has other targets and it's just ridiculous. Any post in any thread that makes a passing reference, he (she?, it?) jumps on and takes over.

There's no debate either, as anything you question, you receive no answers just more blocking or changing of subject. Just completely derailing any thread or discussion. It's makes for the forum experience to be pretty rubbish right now.

This is why I haven't blocked him, because everything is then just a jumble and hard to figure out what the hell's going on. This thread has now become more farcical than usual though. Normally it's just a bunch of Fm/Fifa shouts and the odd indexing, which is sometimes entertaining. Him taking over the place has just ruined any fun there was in it.

I put him on ignore yesterday and this thread makes absolutely no sense this morning.

It's pointless even trying to read or take part.

What a 'kin shambles of a situation.

An utter disgrace that carpetbagger has spent our windfall and left us in this state.

Moshiri entrusted staff to sort the football side of the business out. Those hired failed, but we appear to be more organised in our approach to grow. Are you not happy that we are looking to turn the corner? And, would you not accept it’s going to take time? x

Can mods find out which poster, apart from me, is on the most ignore lists?

Please can that person be ignored completely by removing him/her from the forum, as was once said "pour encourager les autres".

I often thought that Davek is a wum used by the site to drum up debate and get people positing.
And the fact he is allowed to take over threads and go completely off topic kinda confirms it..

Although I've joked in the past he isn't real and is a bot used to drive engagement - if you actually use your head, nobody would get banned at all if that was the case. Those who have used this forum for any period of time in the 11+ years we've been running will know full well we'd remove the rights to post from a prominent/frequent poster as quick as a new member.

I'm also of the view that @davek will discourage more from posting than those that do.

Ultimately, we moderate the forum with these guidelines and we'll never allow moderators to ban fans from this platform because they disagree with their opinion. The vast majority of visitors will applaud that moderating stance - particularly those who use other forums...

I've commented before on dave;

Can't believe you all haven't worked out that davek is actually a bot.

Took us years to code him to take a deliberately contradictory view to drive engagement across the forum.

To be fair, if I wasn't a moderator, I'd suspect that too.

The reality is - as much as we'd love to, we can't ban people because we don't like them. @davek is antagonistic by nature, he, whether instinctively or to serve as a WUM - takes a contradictory view. If he was American, he'd switch between the republican and democratic party depending on who was in office.

Perhaps after all the years he has just ground me down, and it's "davek..." but other than monopolising threads (he needs to use that multi quote and space out replies) - he should be allowed to post as he likes. No matter how much he winds us all (including moderators, believe me) up - he's an Evertonian.

As for us letting him back time and time again, I can only recall one suspension... He's never been perm banned.

That said, he does sail close to wind on this;

100% at first it was rather humourous. The brown nosing of Martinez was borderline crazy stalker, it was incredible. Then there was an admittance of being wrong. But now he has other targets and it's just ridiculous. Any post in any thread that makes a passing reference, he (she?, it?) jumps on and takes over.

There's no debate either, as anything you question, you receive no answers just more blocking or changing of subject. Just completely derailing any thread or discussion. It's makes for the forum experience to be pretty rubbish right now.

I put him on ignore yesterday and this thread makes absolutely no sense this morning.

It's pointless even trying to read or take part.

If you dont possess the ability to sell those "crap" players then you dont (in this new Everton spending model) get to bring players in.

Brands' inability to sell is now a major problem given we sell to buy. I would have thought THAT point was obvious.

Brands inevitably has a tough job to offload the cretins consuming the wage bill, I’m sure we will see loans as the only way to assist in taking the players off the wage bill until one has a promising spell and in turn managed to garner interest where Brands can negotiate a permenant deal. And, that’s best case scenario. Let’s hope all the dross have purple patches and gain interest in deals.

Koeman & Walsh is were I direct my frustrations, but it doesn’t achieve anything so I put all my faith in Brands to create a platform for which we as a club can grow.

Dave
You are starting to sound like a barrow boy fruit seller thats having a right good old moan cos people dont want to buy the rotten fruit on offer.
I'm someone who's come to terms with this fact: we are into a new period when shifting players out for cash is the only way we can see the new players we need to fill crucial positions come in. The problem now is that we have so many players out on loan (17) that it's almost impossible this window under the new directive to sell and generate the cash...and the value of those players out on loan will depreciate whilst out on loan so that come summer, when they are released from the terms of their loan deals, the club will get less for them than if they'd been sold last summer. The huge amount of loans was a choice made by the DoF last summer and it now - in combination with the new directive of sell as much as you can to get one or two players in - looks like folly. That type of disconnected thinking at decision making level in the club was meant to be eliminated by the employment of a DoF, not make them worse.

I'm also of the view that Everton aren't doing particularly well at offloading players.

Bolasie, Vlasic, Niasse, Mirallas, Besic, Martina, Ramirez, Garbutt etc.

Too many loans, to poor choices meaning too many deferred headaches with no or limited chance of permanent deals.

Brands inevitably has a tough job to offload the cretins consuming the wage bill, I’m sure we will see loans as the only way to assist in taking the players off the wage bill until one has a promising spell and in turn managed to garner interest where Brands can negotiate a permenant deal. And, that’s best case scenario. Let’s hope all the dross have purple patches and gain interest in deals.

Koeman & Walsh is were I direct my frustrations, but it doesn’t achieve anything so I put all my faith in Brands to create a platform for which we as a club can grow.
I'm prepared to cut him at least a slight amount of slack given he's new to the PL and may need time to build up relationships with agents and other clubs to sell players on. However, he has gone for a calamitous industrial scale shifting out of players on loan that was merely to massage down marginally the wage bill. That was a big gamble that has not come off...as here we are with almost no room to manoeuvre this window for sell to buy. THAT he needs to be criticised for.

I'm also of the view that Everton aren't doing particularly well at offloading players.

Bolasie, Vlasic, Niasse, Mirallas, Besic, Martina, Ramirez, Garbutt etc.

Too many loans, to poor choices meaning too many deferred headaches with no or limited chance of permanent deals.

Again, what if we wanted to sell them (I'm sure we did) but just couldn't get a buyer that would stump up AND cover their wages? It can't be a particularly bad job when we only know half the information.

Take Niasse. He's 28. "Niasse has scored 12 goals in 49 Premier League appearances since arriving at Goodison Park from Lokomotiv Moscow in January 2016"

We've loaned him in the January transfer window to Cardiff City.

Cardiff City are about to break their record fee for another striker Emiliano Sala and every chance could be relegated. They're not going to pay a reasonable fee for Niasse this summer.

Lets look at the scenarios

* Niasse slots a few ricochet goals, like for Hull and EFC an they stay up. They have the option to keep him.
* He slots a few ricochet goals but go down. They have the option but can cost cut an send him packing. This is what Hull did with Niasse an Everton.
* He's terrible/doesn't get a game ahead of their new record signing. They send him back to Everton, now 29.

Perhaps I'm being too critical but for me, I'd have expected Everton take advantage of the panic that sets in this window an look for a permanent deal, or keep him. I thought the same with Bolasie in the summer, we should have kept him on our bench with bit part appearances an looked to sell a now fit, but not getting minutes Bolasie for whatever fee it is. Loaning him out for a season to a club that aren't going to pay any rate is an odd call for me - even when people cry about wages.

I'm someone who's come to terms with this fact: we are into a new period when shifting players out for cash is the only way we can see the new players we need to fill crucial positions come in. The problem now is that we have so many players out on loan (17) that it's almost impossible this window under the new directive to sell and generate the cash...and the value of those players out on loan will depreciate whilst out on loan so that come summer, when they are released from the terms of their loan deals, the club will get less for them than if they'd been sold last summer. The huge amount of loans was a choice made by the DoF last summer and it now - in combination with the new directive of sell as much as you can to get one or two players in - looks like folly. That type of disconnected thinking at decision making level in the club was meant to be eliminated by the employment of a DoF, not make them worse.

When you say fact do you mean that is your opinion based on your interpretation of the situation? Or do you have clear evidence?

Did we have offers from clubs to buy the players who are out on loan that we rejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.