January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's far from crap mate. I'm not saying he's the answer to all our prayers but for me he's exactly the sort of player that would help the squad hugely. He's got two or three years left as a top Premier League player. Put him in with better team mates than he has now and watch him go. He was outstanding for Ireland in the World Cup qualifiers.

2-3 years left as a "top premiere league player"? When did he become a top prem player mate? Was it at Sunderland when they went down?

I'm perfectly serious. The common thread being I want to see passionate, exciting attacking football.

Martinez could have taken us to real heights if given time. McClean is a stop-gap to help us over the next season and a half with little or no risk attached to his signing.
Stopped reading at Martinez....windup merchant

Id take bertrend from the saints recon you would get him for 15-20?

The lack of left back rumours is worrying so al make me own up

I've seen you say this a few times. If we humour you for a moment and pretend that this weird 'stat' would be in any way relevant, could I ask where you've got it from?

I tried to google it to see if there was a breakdown, but the only report I could find ranked each teams fastest 5 players according to the top speed they had reached on the pitch. The report has Keane as the third fastest Burnley player (behind renowned rocket Johan Berg Gudmundsson) but his fastest speed wouldn't have put him in our top 5.

In short, he's slow.
People look at individual performances in isolation and then decide on the ability of a player.
It is a team game and each player is depending on those around them to enable them to play well.

Keane is a good player and will be a very good player but has been playing in front of a midfield and forward line that has not been doing it's defensive work properly. This is true of all the defence.
Confidence gets eroded and performances continue to dip.
When a team is going badly everybody looks poor and when it is going well they can all look like world beaters.

It is clear we need a left back... because we simply don't have one.
But, more importantly we have a midfield that is lightweight and timid. The only one prepared to hurt his opponents broke his leg last Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.