January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's far from crap mate. I'm not saying he's the answer to all our prayers but for me he's exactly the sort of player that would help the squad hugely. He's got two or three years left as a top Premier League player. Put him in with better team mates than he has now and watch him go. He was outstanding for Ireland in the World Cup qualifiers.

He has never been, and never will be, a top Premier League player.

He can't get in West Brom's starting XI.

McLean, eder... Jesus christ scraping the barrel.

He's a mercurial talent. Like Cantona in his time at Leeds.

We need pace and aggression and he has both qualities in abundance. I'm just saying I'd love to see him play for us and given he seems to be in the market for a January move I wanted to float the idea in this thread. That's all.

We need pace and aggression and he has both qualities in abundance. I'm just saying I'd love to see him play for us and given he seems to be in the market for a January move I wanted to float the idea in this thread. That's all.
But he won' sing the anthem when we get to Wembley so it' a no from me.

A step too far Chucky, I was on the fence about whether this was a serious suggestion until this point.

He's far from crap mate. I'm not saying he's the answer to all our prayers but for me he's exactly the sort of player that would help the squad hugely. He's got two or three years left as a top Premier League player. Put him in with better team mates than he has now and watch him go. He was outstanding for Ireland in the World Cup qualifiers.

He raises his game enormously for Ireland as he's clearly passionate. But then so does likes of Kyle Lafferty and Steven Davis for NI.

And I hope no one is advocating signing either of them. Mcclean is a yard dog technically who would be a ludicrous signing.

Bed.

000ec255-800.jpg

Would love to see McClean at Goodison in a Blue shirt. For me he's the sort of squad player we need - pace, strength and the ability to score goals from a wide position.

Seems he was linked to Burnley but that's gone dead. Wouldn't be too expensive either and after two years he goes to Celtic for a notional fee and everyone's a winner.

Make it happen Walsh.
Blimey. What is it about dreadful Irish players getting proposed on here. Let's have Robbie Brady, Jonathan Walters and Tony Cascarino while we're at it. 'sake.

Face palm. I assume you and Mr McClean are blood relatives if you think he is like Cantona.

A step too far Chucky, I was on the fence about whether this was a serious suggestion until this point.

He's similar to Bolasie albeit less skill but more power. We need players like that. I honestly think mercurial fits the description - " subject to sudden or unpredictable changes of mood or mind". Relatively speaking he'd cost peanuts and would be worth a gamble in my mind. Ultimately we have to have pace and I think I'm right in saying he's about the fastest out there. Add to that the goals he can score and it's a great squad addition.

Why do people keep saying this? He was the second fastest guy on Burnley behind Andre Gray. He's probably faster than Holgate.

Let me guess, someone else is going to tell me they know better than a stopwatch.
Could very well be true in a straight line against a stopwatch.But on the pitch when he has to turn,it's as though he's running in wet cement.

Status
Not open for further replies.