January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we may have thought that Schneiderlin was something he isn't.
He isn't a general, a leader in the team and I think we thought he might be.
Wow, same could be said for Williams and Rooney too! Plus players who pull on the armband, Jagielka and Baines, are also not generals, leaders or indeed any good at all. No wonder we're poop!

I think we may have thought that Schneiderlin was something he isn't.
He isn't a general, a leader in the team and I think we thought he might be.

To be honest, I am struggling to work out what he actually IS. He doesn't intercept, rarely tackles, has no pace and certainly no desire.

I can only assume Osman passed on to him the brown envelope with the incriminating photos inside...

People look at individual performances in isolation and then decide on the ability of a player.
It is a team game and each player is depending on those around them to enable them to play well.

Keane is a good player and will be a very good player but has been playing in front of a midfield and forward line that has not been doing it's defensive work properly. This is true of all the defence.
Confidence gets eroded and performances continue to dip.
When a team is going badly everybody looks poor and when it is going well they can all look like world beaters.

It is clear we need a left back... because we simply don't have one.
But, more importantly we have a midfield that is lightweight and timid. The only one prepared to hurt his opponents broke his leg last Saturday.
All valid points i'm sure, but I was just putting forward my belief that Keane is slow.

Don't worry Walshy, Fat Sam, we clearly don't need anybody else brought in before the end of the transfer window. Our recent form will easily see us clear of relegation, honestly.

We had the most similar we could get to Dembele in Barkley...

There really aren't that many players like that about.

N'Zonzi for me would represent a real coup. He doesn't rely on pace and his age isn't an issue. He could come and be in his prime for another 2-3 seasons because of the role he plays.

Dembele is nothing like Ross. Yes, they both control and hold the ball. Dembele is a ball winner, a true defensive midfielder. Ross rarely makes a tackle at all.

N'Zonzi would be great, I was simply stating earlier that he's a bit more Dembele in terms of being more defensive oriented vs. Matuidi (and Doucoure), who I think are similar in that they will pick off passes and rush with the ball upfield to direct our attack. THink N'Zonzi can do it a bit, but he's also likely to just pass it off to someone else. I would think having Gana in there might loosen him up a bit.

He'd be a massive improvement in our side for a lot of different reasons, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.