January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
000ec255-800.jpg

Would love to see McClean at Goodison in a Blue shirt. For me he's the sort of squad player we need - pace, strength and the ability to score goals from a wide position.

Seems he was linked to Burnley but that's gone dead. Wouldn't be too expensive either and after two years he goes to Celtic for a notional fee and everyone's a winner.

Make it happen Walsh.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

"Bring back Martinez thread" - check.
"Everton should sign James McLean" - check.

You could be more subtle.

000ec255-800.jpg

Would love to see McClean at Goodison in a Blue shirt. For me he's the sort of squad player we need - pace, strength and the ability to score goals from a wide position.

Seems he was linked to Burnley but that's gone dead. Wouldn't be too expensive either and after two years he goes to Celtic for a notional fee and everyone's a winner.

Make it happen Walsh.

Modern days Kilbane. You’re not being serious lad?

I think the first few results gave Sam a false sense of where the players are at.
He is finding out the real situation now and is having to earn his money.
The signings of both Tosun and Walcott are positive and we will know in the next few days if there are any others incoming.
I also think that he is trying to assess his squad and that is leading to some disruption.
I think the first few games gave the fans the wrong sense of where Sams at.

Why do people keep saying this? He was the second fastest guy on Burnley behind Andre Gray. He's probably faster than Holgate.

Let me guess, someone else is going to tell me they know better than a stopwatch.
I've seen you say this a few times. If we humour you for a moment and pretend that this weird 'stat' would be in any way relevant, could I ask where you've got it from?

I tried to google it to see if there was a breakdown, but the only report I could find ranked each teams fastest 5 players according to the top speed they had reached on the pitch. The report has Keane as the third fastest Burnley player (behind renowned rocket Johan Berg Gudmundsson) but his fastest speed wouldn't have put him in our top 5.

In short, he's slow.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

"Bring back Martinez thread" - check.
"Everton should sign James McLean" - check.

You could be more subtle.

I'm perfectly serious. The common thread being I want to see passionate, exciting attacking football.

Martinez could have taken us to real heights if given time. McClean is a stop-gap to help us over the next season and a half with little or no risk attached to his signing.

Anyone naming these young up and coming talented players are kidding themselves

Look at our recent buys, look at who is in charge and look at what Gravy guzzling Sam said about not having players in the 25-28 year old mark

Walcott, Schneiderlin, Gueye, Williams, Martina, Bolasie, Rooney, Sigurdsson all bought in the last 18 months north of there 27th birthday.

Yes there is the odd anomoly in the likes of Pickford, Sandro, Klaassen, Keane, Lookman- but look at how many minutes they have all got apart from Pickford.

I think we should thread ban anyone who names a player we should buy who is over 28, as it is clearly as unrealistic as saying Messi

He's a mercurial talent. Like Cantona in his time at Leeds.

We need pace and aggression and he has both qualities in abundance. I'm just saying I'd love to see him play for us and given he seems to be in the market for a January move I wanted to float the idea in this thread. That's all.
Chaz mate?

I've seen you say this a few times. If we humour you for a moment and pretend that this weird 'stat' would be in any way relevant, could I ask where you've got it from?

I tried to google it to see if there was a breakdown, but the only report I could find ranked each teams fastest 5 players according to the top speed they had reached on the pitch. The report has Keane as the third fastest Burnley player (behind renowned rocket Johan Berg Gudmundsson) but his fastest speed wouldn't have put him in our top 5.

In short, he's slow.

..I presume this is about Keane. It’s not so much his lack of pace, it’s his lack of mobility that is the issue. He turns like the QE2. If you’re a Forward you run at him because he’s easy to go past. I guarantee anybody playing against him will fancy their chances of scoring.

He’s ok in the air and is less exposed when the team sits deep, but he’s hardly a player of the modern era.

..I presume this is about Keane. It’s not so much his lack of pace, it’s his lack of mobility that is the issue. He turns like the QE2. If you’re a Forward you run at him because he’s easy to go past. I guarantee anybody playing against him will fancy their chances of scoring.

He’s ok in the air and is less exposed when the team sits deep, but he’s hardly a player of the modern era.
Yeah I agree, that's why I was saying I don't think how fast he is in a straight line is relevant. The thing is though, I don't even think he's quick in a straight line, and that report I was mentioning backs that up.

I'm perfectly serious. The common thread being I want to see passionate, exciting attacking football.

Martinez could have taken us to real heights if given time. McClean is a stop-gap to help us over the next season and a half with little or no risk attached to his signing.

A game short from three full seasons. He failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.