2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the players I’ve seen, Xavi Iniesta Modric Pirlo Zidane. Other midfielders are/were a tier below in my opinion. Gerrard and Lampard might have hit loads of goals but they were nowhere near these names talent wise.

Xabi is one of 3 or 4 players who have made my jaw drop.

Of the players I’ve seen, Xavi Iniesta Modric Pirlo Zidane. Other midfielders are/were a tier below in my opinion. Gerrard and Lampard might have hit loads of goals but they were nowhere near these names talent wise.

It depends on what you want the midfielder to do, really. Lampard and Gerrard were great box-to-box guys that stretched defenses due to their goal scoring threat, but they didn't control the game the way the names you mentioned.

Notice that Xavi + Iniesta works magic, but Lampard + Gerrard does not.

Please be healthy tomorrow! I want a super James playing against Chelsea and helping the team make a lot of golazos.

Screenshot_20200919-074002~3.png

It looks a purely stats based list, Xavi and Iniesta were never stats footballers. They were a perfect example of why you need to use your eyes and not a WhoScored tab to judge a footballer.
I can't even work out the stat.

Steffen Hoffman ranks above Rodriguez and Kevin De Bruyne. He does have 121 career goals in 508 career games which is fairly impressive.

However most of those goals came at Rapid Vienna and his only other double figures season was in Germany's 4th tier with Bayern Munich's reserves. No international caps so it's not even based on that.

The list makes no sense on any level whatsoever. It's like the entire page has been written by a bot as an experiment. Or Steve Walsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.