2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a simple one with James. The more physical teams, that are a bit more direct pose problems for him. They kick him all over the place and when it is cold, he just doesn't fancy it. When he comes up against decent teams with top class players who can play and not kick him all over the place, this simply motivates him to outshine them. And more often than not, he does!

He has been the key to us beating/getting a results at some of the big teams this season. He is a great weapon to have, but Carlo now knows not to take a knife to a gun fight. It is working and I think James will do the business again against Chelsea.

It's a simple one with James. The more physical teams, that are a bit more direct pose problems for him. They kick him all over the place and when it is cold, he just doesn't fancy it. When he comes up against decent teams with top class players who can play and not kick him all over the place, this simply motivates him to outshine them. And more often than not, he does!

He has been the key to us beating/getting a results at some of the big teams this season. He is a great weapon to have, but Carlo now knows not to take a knife to a gun fight. It is working and I think James will do the business again against Chelsea.
ffs

The general point is a good one. Commenting on the weather is irrelevant.

He admits it affected his motivation in Germany. At least he is honest about it..

He's shown no sign here of not being able to 'play in the cold'.

It's just a stereotype.

He does have a lot of injury problems, so you're right that we have to manage his minutes. It's probably just one, lingering issue (his calf). But, we'll probably get 25 games out of him this season, which isn't bad going at all.

To reach Carlo objective of 68 points, you have to get 6 victories in the next 12 matches... surely James will play at least 30%.. if he contributes with his magic those 12 points to Everton we'll be in Champions League next year.:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Would the better quote not be not taking a gun to a knife fight. I agree with everything you say. Some players just shine more brightly on the biggest stage.

Its why I want a new AM and RW so there is games we can leave him out altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.