2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst it’s not an exact science, there’s a theory that over the course of a season, a goal tends to be worth a point, and there’s supportive evidence of this hypothesis. Last season, there was a total of 1034 goals scored in the Premier League, and there was a total of 1048 points gathered.

If we stretch that sample size across the previous three campaigns, there’s a difference of just six between the goals scored, 3124, and points accumulated, 3130.

While I generally do not out much emphasis on stats ,that is a curious one
Every game provides either 2 or 3 points. A lot of games have 2 or 3 goals so it kind of stands to reason both totals would be similar.

A more accurate analysis would be points v goals scored by team. Over the past 2 or 3 seasons, more than half the teams have similar amounts of goals scored v points (within 10%), so it may be fair to say one goal is indeed worth one point over the course of a season

He’s great and all but he’s a proper sicknote to the point where you wonder how much impact he can actually have when he misses half the matches

He'll have missed, including tonight:

7x PL
1x FA Cup
1x EFL Cup

Probably missed less than I thought he would tbh.

Considering he's had no proper footy in ages and missed a pre season he's done decent I reckon. Disappointed he's missing tonight but Ancelotti seems to find a way to get results even when we are missing our best players.

We should have enough without him to beat these regardless. These and sheff United are two of the worst PL teams in a long time

Probably missed less than I thought he would tbh.

Considering he's had no proper footy I ages and missed a pre season he's done decent I reckon. Disappointed he's missing tonight but Ancelotti seems to find a way to get results even when we are missing our best players.

Yeh he's missed less than I realised as well. Like I'd love him fit as an option every game but we all knew that wouldn't be the case.

Fortnite/Warzone is more important than the blues it looks like, Maybe the reports of him wanting to go to Atletico Madrid so he could have better ping with his friends??

Status
Not open for further replies.