2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the lack of creativity by the Team yesterday then one can understand why James has been the impetus for the new improvement. We really need him for the next match, he is just too important as it is Richarlison. However, it is my hope that after this defeat the club gets serious about doing a couple of signings during the winter. We can't lack this much of depth when one of them is out and to hope to still be on top.
I love your optimism but Brands just does.not. like signing players in January. He signed a youth player last year and I can't recall if he even did that the year before.

Thanks for dampering my optimism ;)

Why doesn't he like signings players in January?
"No value". I mean, he's not necessarily wrong, it is harder to get good value for players as it's in the middle of almost every league season but it shouldn't be impossible. Players have release clauses, others are out of contract in 6 months so you should be able to get SOME in at a relatively ok rate.

"No value". I mean, he's not necessarily wrong, it is harder to get good value for players as it's in the middle of almost every league season but it shouldn't be impossible. Players have release clauses, others are out of contract in 6 months so you should be able to get SOME in at a relatively ok rate.

This is the first covid winter transfer though. I think you'll see more activity

The avoidance of business in January comes from above Brands, imo. It’s a remnant from the Kenwright era that’s been passed down to Moshiri.

I don’t think there is much evidence of players being way cheaper in the summer at all.

The avoidance of business in January comes from above Brands, imo. It’s a remnant from the Kenwright era that’s been passed down to Moshiri.

I don’t think there is much evidence of players being way cheaper in the summer at all.

I think the difference is though if you sell a player in the Summer you have plenty of time to find a replacement so can shop around. clubs are more reluctant to sell in January because they only have a short window to find that replacement and also because there is still plenty of the season to play, therefore they stick silly price tags on their better players to ward of interest.

He didn't use them in Jan at PSV he doesn't believe in them.

Don't remind me of Bills Jans, be sat 4th or 5th crying out for one position to be bought it wouldn't happen.

Feels like it would be, as players would be more valuable to teams half way through the season.

Ankle? From Sunday's Guardian. Don't know if it's a mistake or if it's been mentioned elsewhere?
20201102_234940.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.