2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

We would have been way better but I reckon even James would have struggled yesterday to work his magic. He needs runners and movement in front of him, both, like in the Southampton game were seriously missing yesterday.

Richarlison is just ludicrously crucial to us.

I know I bang on about it, but how the hell did we think it was fine not to try and get someone who could come to filling in for him if needed, and also be good enough to allow us to either give James a rest in some games or change our system at times

Richarlison is just ludicrously crucial to us.

I know I bang on about it, but how the hell did we think it was fine not to try and get someone who could come to filling in for him if needed, and also be good enough to allow us to either give James a rest in some games or change our system at times

It's worrying Toff if those at the club thought that what we had squad wise was good enough cover.

It's worrying Toff if those at the club thought that what we had squad wise was good enough cover.

I'm sure they know it wasn't / isn't, yet risked it anyway.

Taking a risk such as that in a season like this is utterly daft.

1. Because there's loads more that can go wrong this year
2. Because with players like James we're actually not that far off being able to push for something

Again, feels like we take a few steps forward but then fail to grasp the opportunity to really push on.

Agreed. I don't think any of our players is too important that we can't win a game without and that includes James and Richarlison.

Problem is when we miss them both and others. James played that Southampton game but he really wasn't fit.

Luckily just 1 more game without Richy and hopefully James and Coleman are fit. We need a good stretch of heath to accumulate some points for when things inevitably get ugly again.

After seeing the lack of creativity by the Team yesterday then one can understand why James has been the impetus for the new improvement. We really need him for the next match, he is just too important as it is Richarlison. However, it is my hope that after this defeat the club gets serious about doing a couple of signings during the winter. We can't lack this much of depth when one of them is out and to hope to still be on top.
Thing is, don’t think James would have made much difference yesterday - he needs people making forward runs to be able to utilise his creativity and passing range. Not a single player in that midfield 5 yesterday was prepared to do that and to be fair to them, it’s not their game, they all like the play in front of them and must rank as some of the slowest players in the league.

Get Richarlison back and he and DCL give movement for James. You’re right though, hopefully this will have given Carlo and Brands a fright to do some business in January. The type of players we are lacking in reserve is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.