2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
JAMES COULD LEAVE EVERTON

James Rodriguez
would be allowed to leave Everton if the right deal presented itself, Sky Sports News understands.

The Colombian arrived at Goodison Park last summer on a free transfer becoming the club’s highest payed player in history to reunite for a third time with then manager Carlo Ancelotti.

However, following the Italian’s sudden departure, Rodriguez has become unsettled on Merseyside and only last week spoke about needing to play where he is wanted.

Rodriguez said on his ‘Twitch’ account: “I would like to play wherever they want me, I already played in all the leagues; I am missing Italy, It would be a good option."

Everton hope to add more players before the transfer deadline and should Rodriguez leave it would free up much needed funds for Rafael Benitez to reinvest in his squad.

A move for the 30-year-old isn’t imminent however and he is expected to feature in Everton’s final pre-season game against Manchester United on Saturday at Old Trafford.
Has something been lost in translation here as he’s never played for an Italian team? Unless I’m having some weird mind blank

JAMES COULD LEAVE EVERTON

James Rodriguez
would be allowed to leave Everton if the right deal presented itself, Sky Sports News understands.

The Colombian arrived at Goodison Park last summer on a free transfer becoming the club’s highest payed player in history to reunite for a third time with then manager Carlo Ancelotti.

However, following the Italian’s sudden departure, Rodriguez has become unsettled on Merseyside and only last week spoke about needing to play where he is wanted.

Rodriguez said on his ‘Twitch’ account: “I would like to play wherever they want me, I already played in all the leagues; I am missing Italy, It would be a good option."

Everton hope to add more players before the transfer deadline and should Rodriguez leave it would free up much needed funds for Rafael Benitez to reinvest in his squad.

A move for the 30-year-old isn’t imminent however and he is expected to feature in Everton’s final pre-season game against Manchester United on Saturday at Old Trafford.

His agent will be ferreting about trying to find a club but he'll hard pressed to find one willing to pay his wages.

More convinced he'll stay cos of that.

But if it did happen I could see it being on deadline day and for buttons.

In any walk of life an unhappy employee is not going to perform to their best ability. Rodriguez is a very good player but now his buddy Carlo has abandoned him I can only see performance levels dropping and him being a very unhappy squad member which is not good. If someone is willing to pay a fee take it

That’s just not true.
LonelyQuaintFox-size_restricted.gif

His agent will be ferreting about trying to find a club but he'll hard pressed to find one willing to pay his wages.

More convinced he'll stay cos of that.

But if it did happen I could see it being on deadline day and for buttons.
If he does go I hope it is after the first game of the season so our fans can at least see him play for us at Goodison once. In the long term it would probably be better to get him out sooner rather than later if he is going to go (which I don’t want him to) but an extra week or so hopefully wouldn’t make that much of a difference to our plans.

I was hoping to be at the game but annoyingly life has got in the way of me making it up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.