2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard he is "only" on £60k per week, but then I heard this was probably inaccurate and nobody knows apart from him what he is on. Whatever he is on is way too much. Strange why people pretend they know the details of someone's contract. Has Harry Kane got his £400k per week yet? All baloney.

Given that his wages are reportedly the biggest hang-up for Milan I would imagine they are well north of 100k/wk

My guess is they are closer to the high number which is why we are looking to offload. Given where we are economically we just can't justify it for someone who may or may not be available week in, week out. My guess is his going may be the wage lynchpin to unlocking the freedom to sign others.
Think we’ll probably need around a £10m fee on top to allow us to buy someone, but it must be the play FFP wise or the club wouldn’t be pushing for him to leave. They certainly aren’t bothered if he stays!

C04D4DB2-3651-44A3-8904-2EDDC429B9E0.jpeg

James getting a new dog at his place in Liverpool means he’s staying yes?? right??! ?

View attachment 135216
James getting a new dog at his place in Liverpool means he’s staying yes?? right??! ?

I hope so. It certainly looks that way anyway. And to be honest, It makes sense for all involved.

I said the other day, slightly tongue in cheek, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him sign the contract extension. The club have seen the exposure he brings, and in the light of certain other stories that have come out these last few months, it would do us no harm at all in having some good publicity to deflect.

With a full pre season behind him and a chance to to have a proper bonding session with the players instead of just socially distanced training and back home to lockdown before matches, he's going to have had a much better chance to fully settle in, and that goes for the other guys we signed last year too. We couldn't even do the annual warm weather training we usually do in Winter last season, so it can't have been easy for anyone.

He genuinely appears to get on with everyone and he seems fairly happy. He's already said he likes the league, and hopefully, he will finally get a chance to play in front of a full crowd.

For me people are making too much of the Benitez thing, and I think with the complete lack of movement and news coming out of the club, it has proven noone really knows anything and people are grasping at any tenuous link they can. Benitez has a reputation of being demanding, but to me, he comes across as someone who asks for more with a purpose, instead of a cold, hard arrogance that Koeman had. Players seem to appreciate what he is bringing and maybe that's the same with James. He's a few years older and wiser now, and players appreciate these things more as they get older.

If he can have a good year here he could be the difference maker and become a genuine hero, and im sure he knows that, especially as he talks about wanting to be loved. It's a big year for him, just turned 30 and maybe it would do him good to settle at a club, focus on his game and get himself back into the national side for the World Cup.

Or he could gamble on another move and another league.

For me, the stories about us wanting rid only make sense if it's a case of ensuring we hold the cards. Sign the deal or we will listen to offers.

Hopefully, he decides to stay.

Think we’ll probably need around a £10m fee on top to allow us to buy someone, but it must be the play FFP wise or the club wouldn’t be pushing for him to leave. They certainly aren’t bothered if he stays!
The £10m fee clears the FFP overspend. We still need other sales to actually have a kitty.

Rumours online that hes begging to leave. If they are true (might be nonsense) we should let him go. Having a player who doesn't want to be here is not good for the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.