2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he does go I hope it is after the first game of the season so our fans can at least see him play for us at Goodison once. In the long term it would probably be better to get him out sooner rather than later if he is going to go (which I don’t want him to) but an extra week or so hopefully wouldn’t make that much of a difference to our plans.

I was hoping to be at the game but annoyingly life has got in the way of me making it up for it.

Yeah, hope so.

Not saying I am happy about selling but balance this against his health record and the massive wages. A difficult thing to decide on.

aren't his wages £90k? Less than Gomes and Siggy and Mina? But his contribution is more than that I think. If you want to go on balance. Then add in the fact that if we actually manage him properly, build a team ethic and have a good balanced squad, the experience of james has to rub off on younger and other players surely? He's a good professional, nice guy, if other players actually connect with him, they have to learn something.

aren't his wages £90k? Less than Gomes and Siggy and Mina? But his contribution is more than that I think. If you want to go on balance. Then add in the fact that if we actually manage him properly, build a team ethic and have a good balanced squad, the experience of james has to rub off on younger and other players surely? He's a good professional, nice guy, if other players actually connect with him, they have to learn something.
I’ve seen his wages reported as many different figures. £90k is the lowest I’ve seen, £200k the highest. Be amazed if he wasn’t our top earner seeing as we got him on a free.

I’ve seen his wages reported as many different figures. £90k is the lowest I’ve seen, £200k the highest. Be amazed if he wasn’t our top earner seeing as we got him on a free.

Thats true, wouldn't be surprised either, still i think his value is a bit more than just on the pitch.

Thats true, wouldn't be surprised either, still i think his value is a bit more than just on the pitch.
The figure that seems most common is £140k... Probably our highest, but far from ridiculous.

If he does go I hope it is after the first game of the season so our fans can at least see him play for us at Goodison once. In the long term it would probably be better to get him out sooner rather than later if he is going to go (which I don’t want him to) but an extra week or so hopefully wouldn’t make that much of a difference to our plans.

I was hoping to be at the game but annoyingly life has got in the way of me making it up for it.

I'm concerned that if Benitez ready to let him go, he won't even play him. Very annoyed by this.

Given that his wages are reportedly the biggest hang-up for Milan I would imagine they are well north of 100k/wk

My guess is they are closer to the high number which is why we are looking to offload. Given where we are economically we just can't justify it for someone who may or may not be available week in, week out. My guess is his going may be the wage lynchpin to unlocking the freedom to sign others.

Well I heard he is only £78,000 - but keeps his image rights, which is worth more than £140,000 being paid by EFC.

Why wouldn't you want to keep him, it defies logic. We have every opportunity now to get rid of Mr Cannot_Name and play James in no.10 role, pace either side and runners from midfield.

Most talented player we will never see in Royal Blue. FSW Out!

Well worth whatever wage he is on even if he doesn't play every game. Not having an adequate player to keep the team clicking is on the club and not on James. Feel like we're unfortunately heading towards an exit here though.

1628090047264.png

Status
Not open for further replies.