Transfer Rumour James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the idea of him at Everton but 2 ligament injuries in a year is a worry, especially with the pace & physicality of the Premiership.
End of season loan with an agreed transfer fee if we want him & he wants to stay would be ideal but can't see us swinging that.
With no loan i think i would still go for it though. It's a statement to the world that we really ain't messing around this time.

Top manager in and all of a sudden these top players being linked aren’t so ludicrous. If we got Moyes or Howe, do you think we would have a chance of a player of this quality?

Personally, I think it won’t happen , but I trust serial winner Ancelotti to have more sway than clowns like Silva.

No I don't think he will suit us and I don't think we are after him or should be. Good player but a lot of injuries and a number ten. What we need is a central midfield playmaker.

No I don't think he will suit us and I don't think we are after him or should be. Good player but a lot of injuries and a number ten. What we need is a central midfield playmaker.
That's pretty much what his role was at Bayern for what it's worth. They very sparingly use a traditional #10 these days.

I can see the Carlo link getting him in despite no CL, I can see us stomaching the transfer fee...but I'm having a hard time seeing Brands blowing up the wage structure for this one.

Of course, we paid Don Carlo what it took and we're plunking down half a billion quid on a stadium, so who knows? If nothing else, we can probably spend Kroenke into submission as he's invested so heavily in the Los Angeles stadium project.

I can see the Carlo link getting him in despite no CL, I can see us stomaching the transfer fee...but I'm having a hard time seeing Brands blowing up the wage structure for this one.

Of course, we paid Don Carlo what it took and we're plunking down half a billion quid on a stadium, so who knows? If nothing else, we can probably spend Kroenke into submission as he's invested so heavily in the Los Angeles stadium project.
At some point not being willing to blow up the wage structure is more of a detriment. I think Spurs fans can speak to that as a lot of their squad unrest came from their top players being fed up at making way less than City/United/Chelsea etc.

We aren't to that point obviously but who cares we can make it work.

It’s a risk, but I guess we gotta take risks eh? We have plenty of depth in the center (just that half of them are injured). Maybe we can afford to take a chance on that superstar central midfield option. Why not. Just don’t cost 900 thousand a week please

It’s a risk, but I guess we gotta take risks eh? We have plenty of depth in the center (just that half of them are injured). Maybe we can afford to take a chance on that superstar central midfield option. Why not. Just don’t cost 900 thousand a week please
He won’t be getting another contract like the one he’s got now and his current deal expires in 2021. If Madrid are willing to subsidize what he’s got left, at 40mil I think I’m on board. The pros outweigh the cons for me. Incredible player when fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.