Transfer Rumour James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is £40 mill even alot of money in football terms??

Gylfi was £43 mill 2 years ago ffs

It’s still a lot of money for the wrong player, for a player who represents a fair-sized risk in terms of injury record and who’s form hasn’t been consistently great for quite some time.

For the right player, a player that can totally transform this team, win games on their own and give us a real threat in the final third, almost any price is a bargain.

I think it’s a player Ancelotti knows, a big name that would further boost the club’s PR, but I’m not sure it’s the right signing for financial or, most importantly, Football reasons. Far better value for money out there.

I think he's hugely talented but seems to have struggled with injuries a lot. 1 goal, 1 assist in 9 appearances for RM this season. The fee and wages would be massive for us so I hope its a loan untill summer with an option to buy, just to make sure he's fit and able for the league.

It’s still a lot of money for the wrong player, for a player who represents a fair-sized risk in terms of injury record and who’s form hasn’t been consistently great for quite some time.

For the right player, a player that can totally transform this team, win games on their own and give us a real threat in the final third, almost any price is a bargain.

I think it’s a player Ancelotti knows, a big name that would further boost the club’s PR, but I’m not sure it’s the right signing for financial or, most importantly, Football reasons. Far better value for money out there.
His only inconsistency is injuries. When he plays he's top class. He got dropped at Madrid because playing him Kroos and Modric didn't work. Getting dropped in favor of two of the five best midfielders this decade does not make you a bad player. He didn't get brought back for Bayern because of the injuries. If he stays healthy he's far and away our best player. In fact he goes right up among the best creative players in the league.

If he's actually willing to come here because of Ancelotti, and I really am quite dubious about that part of it, we would be idiots to turn it down. It's like when West Ham signed Payet except that the questions are injury instead of attitude.

Welcome James
D49F6D2D-A8CB-4BAD-9CE0-3077C9814738.jpeg

Since moving to Madrid in 2014/15 James has 43 goals and 42 assists in 127 league appearances (or .67 per appearance). Some other notable players in that timeframe:

Kevin De Bruyne: 41 goals, 77 assists in 172 games (.69)
Sadio Mane: 76 goals, 28 assists in 177 games (.59)
Eden Hazard: 52 goals (excluding penalties), 37 assists in 184 games (.48)
Bernardo: 42 goals, 28 assists in 190 games (.37)
Tithead Son: 58 goals, 28 assists in 177 games (.49)

If you have injury questions that is totally fair. Age questions I guess are too but I think he's good enough to ignore that part of it. But the "he's inconsistent" or "all hype" or "never did anything after the 2014 World Cup" shouts need to calm down. He's one gifted player.

Status
Not open for further replies.