Transfer Rumour James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s still a lot of money for the wrong player, for a player who represents a fair-sized risk in terms of injury record and who’s form hasn’t been consistently great for quite some time.

For the right player, a player that can totally transform this team, win games on their own and give us a real threat in the final third, almost any price is a bargain.

I think it’s a player Ancelotti knows, a big name that would further boost the club’s PR, but I’m not sure it’s the right signing for financial or, most importantly, Football reasons. Far better value for money out there.
OMG I actually agree with you

I can see the Carlo link getting him in despite no CL, I can see us stomaching the transfer fee...but I'm having a hard time seeing Brands blowing up the wage structure for this one.

Of course, we paid Don Carlo what it took and we're plunking down half a billion quid on a stadium, so who knows? If nothing else, we can probably spend Kroenke into submission as he's invested so heavily in the Los Angeles stadium project.
If we get him and he stays fit, he could fire us up the league and every spot like 2mil quid more plus Europe, then you look at signing players in the summer..
Hmm go to Everton? We’ll Ancelotti manager and they got James.. yeah I’ll go

If we get him and he stays fit, he could fire us up the league and every spot like 2mil quid more plus Europe, then you look at signing players in the summer..
Hmm go to Everton? We’ll Ancelotti manager and they got James.. yeah I’ll go

Imagine Richarlison, Kean and DCL benefiting from his pinpoint passing...

Set pieces would be epic as well and Mina especially will have a field day like with Colombia.

Could be a masterstroke...

Still prefer Tonali though...

So tomorrow the window opens.
Exciting to think some of the awesomeness the great Carlo can attract.
Imagine being a pro and your phone rings, ‘hello, it’s Carlo Ancelotti here, how you doing’

A loan with a view to buy in the summer if he plays enough games would be excellent.

Although I would always personally prefer it if we only outlayed these sorts of fees on players 25 or younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.