Transfer Rumour James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't bother with a loan. If it goes well a CL team signs him next summer and that would be really crappy.

Loan with first refusal would be ideal though. Worked with Arteta.

Wages might be a stumbling block as I can see the likes of Richarlison banging on doors for a pay rise if he signs on a permanent

Loan with first refusal would be ideal though. Worked with Arteta.

Wages might be a stumbling block as I can see the likes of Richarlison banging on doors for a pay rise if he signs on a permanent
Yes putting clauses in would be great. But I also remember Southampton doing that with Alderweireld and the player just went to Spurs anyway.

Yes putting clauses in would be great. But I also remember Southampton doing that with Alderweireld and the player just went to Spurs anyway.

That’s Southampton though ...
apart from Manny Fernandez, I can’t think of too many we’ve had on loan and wanted to keep who left anyway. Zouma I suppose but that’s worked out for the best watching him at Chelsea recently

apart from Manny Fernandez, I can’t think of too many we’ve had on loan and wanted to keep who left anyway. Zouma I suppose but that’s worked out for the best watching him at Chelsea recently
The Zouma thing is exactly what I'm worried about though. Doing that for a whole season is fine. Doing it for half the year when we are already mostly out of the race for CL is not something that feels necessary.

Rumours building again yesterday of a loan or permanent move. I think he'd be a great and potentially bargain signing considering he'd still be worth a lot in 2 or 3 years.

This is from last season in March.

Donovan I guess but he was never out of favour at LA galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.