2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gana cant direct play and Onana doesn't know where he is yet.
Iwobi needs a linker and passer to all his running around
I'd start with Iwobi, Garner, Doucoure against Bourmouth
and bring Gana on with Garner switiching into Doucs posiiton.
Onana needs a watch on the bench.

Thought the same myself, a few Times he gave the ball away cheaply. Hopefully he just needs to start in a run of games.
He wasnt the only one in fairness

Our obsession with square passes (which are usually under hit) is going to make me bald very soon. We do nothing but start counter attacks for the opposition. If we have sorted our midfield then I must be watching a different game

He was alright, although just as wastefull with the ball as our other midfielders.

I think Onana might be out next game, so he's likely going to play ahead of dacoure

He deserves a start on Tuesday but I wasn't very impressed today. Poor set plays, sloppy in possession, and doesn't cover the ground that well for a young lad.
I wouldn’t say he ‘deserves’ a start. He’s done very little when coming on as a sub to be honest. I think it’s probably time to try something new though, so I’d probably start him on that basis.

I wouldn’t say he ‘deserves’ a start. He’s done very little when coming on as a sub to be honest. I think it’s probably time to try something new though, so I’d probably start him on that basis.
Well yeah, I sort of agree.

But assuming Onana and Gueye are out then he's the one who deserves to come into the side.

I expect a lot better from him anyway, and all our midfield players. None of them take responsibility to pass the ball forward except Iwobi.

If I was the manager, I would be making them all watch hours of clips on Monday morning showing all the times they dont show bravery on the ball and pass it sideways or back. I still think our mentality as a club stinks.

Absolutely nowhere near enough desperation to get better. And nowhere near enough anger when we play poorly.

Did ok. But we lost control in the second half again once Gana came off and he came on. Not sure that's his fault, just looked like we didn't know our formations once Gana was off

Onana played like he was scared to tackle yesterday, I think that 5th booking was firmly on his mind, he was not adventurous enough either looked like he was playing well within himself. My opinion Grey should have been hooked before McNeil, Grey was awful and only started playing when we were 2 down with a few minutes to play.
As soon as DCL went off the game was over, Maupay came on and was basically useless, looks one paced, not quick at all. Garner looked okay and deserves a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.