2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did ok. But we lost control in the second half again once Gana came off and he came on. Not sure that's his fault, just looked like we didn't know our formations once Gana was off
Add the other substitutions too. I didn't know what formation we were palying, and neither did the players. In terms of Garner, he looked okay to me.

I think he's looked tidy enough in possession but very tentative. I'd imagine he's not showing much in training otherwise he'd have surely had a start by now.

That's a strange take mate, at no time had we control when Gana was on the pitch.
Was just about to say the same. we were a total shambles from front to back.

For 90 minutes, they passed around and walked through our team at will. Watching them go past our non-existent midfield then outrun Coleman and coady, despite giving them a good 20 yard head start was painful.

Lampard got it horribly wrong yesterday:

Onana was too far forward and ineffective.

Gueye was poor. His passing was atrocious.

Iwobi was too deep and ineffective, but was trying.

Gray was utterly embarrassing. no footballing brain and baffling that he stayed on instead of McNeill.

Coleman is sadly past it and we are doing what everton always do by playing him when he's not at the required level anymore. We did the same to cahill and it is sad that we didn't let them go on a high.

Calvert lewin held up the ball really well, but we didn't do it often enough. He should've scored his one on one but what is more worrying is his "injury". I get the feeling it is psychological with him and he looked like he couldn't wait to come off.

Mykolenko is the only player to come away with any credit yesterday. He is a limited player and doesn't get forward enough, but he is solid and has proved me wrong as I didn't think he would be good enough. I'd love to see his passing stats because I don't recall him misplacing a single one.

EDIT: as this is the garner thread, he looked ok. The energy is there but the quality was a bit lacking (made a great run into the box with the ball but then gave it away cheaply). Was definitely better than guye though.

That's a strange take mate, at no time had we control when Gana was on the pitch.
Yeah, you're right. "Control" was working hard in my post. But I did feel more comfortable when he was on for some reason and I don't think Garner really put his stamp on the game. Dunno, just thought the second half was crap again: no structure or aim to our play. Hoofing it up to Maupay is totally brain dead. Should have brought on Rondon if that's how we were going to play. Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.