2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from what I have seen from the lad, he wants and looks for the ball and straight away he's looking for that forward pass. sounds simple really but that already brings me confidence compared to what we have been seeing in recent years from our midfield.
I can definitely see that. If he doesn't get more game time then he'll end up like Tom Cairney and players of that ilk - technically very good footballers who just never seem have an impact at the top level.

He's a long-term prospect for me certainly not a step-change nor a goal scorer that
the team is crying out for

My bet is that in future Onana plays as the DM, and the club buys an attacking midfielder to play alongside Iwobi.

We need goals.

Jesus christ some people just have to whinge don't they. Made their minds up already after a few sub appearances, you can't make it up. How about waiting to see what he can do when given a start and run of games. Honestly some of our fans are relentless whine bags.
Players get written of by some far to quickly , some of our greatest players took abuse early in there Everton careers.
Here's a novel suggestion give them a season to bed in before making a judgement.

Jesus christ some people just have to whinge don't they. Made their minds up already after a few sub appearances, you can't make it up. How about waiting to see what he can do when given a start and run of games. Honestly some of our fans are relentless whine bags.
It's just one ? end in particular tbh.

Garner will get plenty of games this season and does look a real prospect.

Perhaps given a start over Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.