2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that you had two players, Gilmour and Garner, both available at a similar price, same position, same age, Gilmour being a favourite of the manager...and they went decisively for Garner.
That's a very good point. Certain sections of the press (and the support) assumed Gilmour was a shoe-in at Everton.

I wonder if we enquired about Garner early on and decided to wait and see what Ten Haag decided? (Unlike Forest who bought 4 James Garner shaped replacements.)

I find it interesting that you had two players, Gilmour and Garner, both available at a similar price, same position, same age, Gilmour being a favourite of the manager...and they went decisively for Garner.

I wonder did young Flash and the fact we wouldn't play ball with Chelsea in selling him come into play, i think everyone was surprised we didnt do any business with Chelsea come the window.

Last edited:

I never watch them live on TV and I tend to only watch their highlights when they've lost- or drawn too. If i ever watch a full game it tends to be something after i know the final score and they haven’t won (like the CL final, which I recorded and watched it all from around 10.40 that night- a great evening. I also watched the City 2-2 league game by pretending it was live to the missus, when I knew it’d ended a draw and was happy that City were still in the driving seat, so found that palatable).

I turned on the Ajax game last week only to see the minute's silence- then turned over. Still, not seen the goals....i've seen the highlights of the Napoli game, of course.

Despite this, I can understand some Blues watching them, as it is something to actively root against. So you always have a dog in the fight…but, as they don’t lose enough, this is not for me- too much stress.
As an Inter season ticket holder i wasn't too excited to watch Istanbul but ended up with a girl i was dating in a bar rammed with milanisti. At 3:0 i was pretty bored but when they scored the first goal of the comeback i cheered to irritate the milan fans and because the game might liven up.
20 minutes later i almost got my head kicked in as a Kopite and the girl never returned my calls as she thought i was a curse on Milan.

The only times I watch is when there's a chance they'll get beat or mess something up.

If things start to go their way I'll quickly turn off. (that backfired massively with Crystanbul)

A good mate of mine (Evertonian) watches them "because they play good football" and those words honestly put my stomach in knots.I can't understand how he can think that way, be so grown up about it? It's mind-bending to me.

I have seen brilliant Everton teams but Michael Thomas 89 is comfortably in my top 5 football memories. (The Gerrard slip just misses out.)

I keep having an idle fantasy that they slip up and get caught out with their magic "recovery drink" and are stripped of everything they've won under Klopp.

Imagine.
Liverpool haven't played good football since the Fowler/McManaman period. They are a long ball team and have been for the best part of the last 15 years. They go long ASAP. The likes of Torres, Suarez, Salah made the tactic successful for them in terms of grabbing a few KO cup competitions. They haven't got the quality to win titles apart from when City were unbelievably bad early in one season (plus receiving outrageous decisions against them that cost them a pile of points to keep them on Liverpool's heels) and an extraordinary world event gifted them the title.

That's a very good point. Certain sections of the press (and the support) assumed Gilmour was a shoe-in at Everton.

I wonder if we enquired about Garner early on and decided to wait and see what Ten Haag decided? (Unlike Forest who bought 4 James Garner shaped replacements.)
Gilmour is one of those players whose status is amplified beyond all reason after having half a good game against Liverpool.

The stampede for him on here was pathetic.

Garner over that fraud any day of the week.

I'm interested to see how he'll do

You can feel there's a push for him to get some chances in the media, probably because he's ex-Man United and he's come to Plucky Little Everton, so obviously in most journo's minds he should just be starting immediately

Garner and Gana on the pitch at the same time might lead to some confusion like lol

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this lad. Hoping he may be an integral part of the starting line up. The united fans seemed miffed he was let go. At least let's see him get some kind of game time soon

Was jealous when he was getting bigged up last year and seemed like he would be going elsewhere. Hopefully he proves to be as good as touted.

Status
Not open for further replies.