2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in my experience Dave. Of course. I can only speak for the smallish circle of other blues I know personally, but I don't know any other Everton fan who watches full matches of theirs on the regular. I do know a couple who will go on the lash on a Sunday for whatever footy is on, but that's about it.

Again, just my personal experience.

Maybe somebody could do a poll to gauge the forums RS watching habits?
I think that would be revealing...apart from the fact that people watch them and never admit to it.

There's no purity in not watching them. They are there and they are completely relevant to us.

Same here.

As far as I`m concerned, they don`t exist, to the point, that if I walk into a pub and they`re on, I`ll walk straight back out and find one, with no footy on.

It`s their fans as much as anything, even the ones in my local, instantly turn from being sound blokes, to into utter bellends, the moment they come on.
Only put them on if they are losing 2-0 with 15 minutes to go .......

The big win for me from the WHU game was us controlling the game and that came from the foothold we earned in midfield, what I’ve seen from this lad is he he will keep it ticking and can transition offensively, we do need a spark of creativity and incisiveness through the centre, hoping he can provide it as he develops. I think it’s going to be a bit of a step for him, in the speed of the game from the Championship to the PL, but not insurmountable it will be part of j his adjustment and development.

Everyone watches Liverpool games, right?
The only times I watch is when there's a chance they'll get beat or mess something up.

If things start to go their way I'll quickly turn off. (that backfired massively with Crystanbul)

A good mate of mine (Evertonian) watches them "because they play good football" and those words honestly put my stomach in knots.I can't understand how he can think that way, be so grown up about it? It's mind-bending to me.

I have seen brilliant Everton teams but Michael Thomas 89 is comfortably in my top 5 football memories. (The Gerrard slip just misses out.)

I keep having an idle fantasy that they slip up and get caught out with their magic "recovery drink" and are stripped of everything they've won under Klopp.

Imagine.

I never watch them live on TV and I tend to only watch their highlights when they've lost- or drawn too. If i ever watch a full game it tends to be something after i know the final score and they haven’t won (like the CL final, which I recorded and watched it all from around 10.40 that night- a great evening. I also watched the City 2-2 league game by pretending it was live to the missus, when I knew it’d ended a draw and was happy that City were still in the driving seat, so found that palatable).

I turned on the Ajax game last week only to see the minute's silence- then turned over. Still, not seen the goals....i've seen the highlights of the Napoli game, of course.

Despite this, I can understand some Blues watching them, as it is something to actively root against. So you always have a dog in the fight…but, as they don’t lose enough, this is not for me- too much stress.

Never ever watch Liverpool and like a few others I don't even watch anyone if Everton aren't involved. never watch European games either. I don't see the point in the CL there's only a handful of sides who win it, it's another farce that's caused the divide in football of rich and the rest.
The Panto Cup is a complete farce loved by the wealthy clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.