Pickford

Patterson
- Branthwaite - Tarkowski - Mykolenko

Garner
------ Onana

Iwobi
------- Doucoure ------- McNeil

DCL

Out of the current squad all being 100% fit this will be the basis/starting point to go off heading into the summer and I believe Garner should be ahead of Gana in a CM two with Onana personally. Think Gana should be heading into next season as the deputy CM before he ends up leaving at the end of his contract.
Gana looks a yard slower than in his first spell. For a player who relies on nipping in and intercepting its not brilliant. So many times this season he was on the stretch for loose balls. If we had a decent scouting network we'd have a replacement on the radar.

Gana is still capable of the great intervention, great tackle, occasionally the great game. He was massive on Sunday. But I think the best is behind him. He has nous but not discipline, one of the reasons we get shredded on the counter so easily is he goes freelancing and sometimes there's a massive hole in the middle of the park where he's supposed to be.

And although he can be an essential player just on his defensive contributions, it's hard on a side like us to have a midfielder with such little ability to score. Just by being central he ends up in decent shooting positions but he simply cannot do anything except hit it twenty rows over the crossbar.

I'd love bringing him on at the sixty- or seventy-minute-mark when we're looking to preserve a lead or a result away.

Pickford

Patterson

Garner
------ Onana

Iwobi

DCL

Out of the current squad all being 100% fit this will be the basis/starting point to go off heading into the summer and I believe Garner should be ahead of Gana in a CM two with Onana personally. Think Gana should be heading into next season as the deputy CM before he ends up leaving at the end of his contract.
Screams relegation strugglers again and would be praying for McNeil and garner to be creative doucoure would chip in with a few goals DCL best not be our main option Going into the new season again can see the struggle already unless we have a decent summer getting rid of some of the crap and packing the squad out with players who can add something don’t want to see 2 GKs on the bench again either.

Pickford

Patterson

Garner
------ Onana

Iwobi

DCL

Screams relegation strugglers again and would be praying for McNeil and garner to be creative doucoure would chip in with a few goals DCL best not be our main option Going into the new season again can see the struggle already unless we have a decent summer getting rid of some of the crap and packing the squad out with players who can add something don’t want to see 2 GKs on the bench again either.

For me, I'll be happy if we went with those player but bringing in replacements for Iwobi and DCL.

Plus 2 squad players loan/cheap at DM and LB.

Garner has to play with Onana and there has to be quality in front of them.

I'd say that side finishes top 15 and beats some very good sides on their day. Obviously we need to reshaped the squad and strengthen or upgrade many positions.

For me, I'll be happy if we went with those player but bringing in replacements for Iwobi and DCL.

Plus 2 squad players loan/cheap at DM and LB.

Garner has to play with Onana and there has to be quality in front of them.
Full backs are still a weak link, add to that the unknown of branthwaite in the premier league, absolutely need replacements for the 2 you mentioned onana needs to be better this year. Still unsure if Pickford will be here and someone I was speaking to said he had put doucoures things into storage not sure whether he’s just storing his belongings, moving to a new house or if he’s off somewhere else, or more likely the person was talking nonsense 😂

Gana looks a yard slower than in his first spell. For a player who relies on nipping in and intercepting its not brilliant. So many times this season he was on the stretch for loose balls. If we had a decent scouting network we'd have a replacement on the radar.

Gana is still capable of the great intervention, great tackle, occasionally the great game. He was massive on Sunday. But I think the best is behind him. He has nous but not discipline, one of the reasons we get shredded on the counter so easily is he goes freelancing and sometimes there's a massive hole in the middle of the park where he's supposed to be.

And although he can be an essential player just on his defensive contributions, it's hard on a side like us to have a midfielder with such little ability to score. Just by being central he ends up in decent shooting positions but he simply cannot do anything except hit it twenty rows over the crossbar.

I'd love bringing him on at the sixty- or seventy-minute-mark when we're looking to preserve a lead or a result away.

Garner looks promising. Gana is still a cracking breaker up of play. Onana if still with us will only get better and better. If we left everything as is but got a half decent forward and a back up discounting DCL then we will be comfortable mid-table

IMO Gueye has ben very good this season, especially after Dyche came in.

There's no way we could sell him and get better in for the same money.

He's one of the few I'd put into the 'must keep' category.

After what I saw on Sunday I'd have him down as the RFB solution we've been waiting for years to see.

More so, because I just dont see how he's getting into a MF of Dyche's next season when we go two in the middle, as Dyche will inevitaby go with two players like Gueye and Doucoure who he's been reliant on and obviously wont bench.

Looking back at what Dyche did at Burnley, I suppose Garner could (theoretically) play in a 4411 slotting into a two man CM with Doucoure shuffling back and forth between midfield and partnering a lone forward.

Garner is going to be one of those layers who Moyes loved: utility player. He can be a real work horse for us anywhere on the right, middle of the park and taking set pieces.

I'll bet there's a few clubs monitoring his progress now.

After what I saw on Sunday I'd have him down as the RFB solution we've been waiting for years to see.

More so, because I just dont see how he's getting into a MF of Dyche's next season when we go two in the middle, as Dyche will inevitaby go with two players like Gueye and Doucoure who he's been reliant on and obviously wont bench.

Looking back at what Dyche did at Burnley, I suppose Garner could (theoretically) play in a 4411 slotting into a two man CM with Doucoure shuffling back and forth between midfield and partnering a lone forward.

Garner is going to be one of those layers who Moyes loved: utility player. He can be a real work horse for us anywhere on the right, middle of the park and taking set pieces.

I'll bet there's a few clubs monitoring his progress now.

A midfield two of Gana and Doucoure is getting absolutely rolled over.

A midfield two of Gana and Doucoure is getting absolutely rolled over.

I'm not advocating it. I'm being realistic.

Do you see Dyche not playing those two next season? And if not, where in a 442 do you see them playing?

I never said he wouldn't play them, he's already done it, I just think in a 442 it's suicide.

He also needs to be given at least 2 more strikers if he wants to play that formation.
This is why I think we'll stay with the 4-5-1. A competent striker and let Doucouré (or someone else) push up from the midfield to supplement them.

What it will require, however, is McNeil and someone else on the left being able to get forward too, either to get crosses in or form a front three when required.

Status
Not open for further replies.