2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's settling for a player who cant even shift a 35 year old Coleman form his position.

One thing at least: I know that if Coleman retires we're not necessarily stuck with Patterson continuing to learn his treade at the age of 22 or whatever. We can turn to Garner to fill that role more than adequately.
It's good he can cover but he must be in midfield unless we are desperate. We struggle to control games, having him in the middle at least helps with that, the others treat the ball like a hot potato.

What position isn’t vital for a premier league team?
Well I think we can all agree that the FB role has been the most transformed in recent times. Those positions can be the difference between success and failure. Look at how badly we've fared since the years when we had Baines/Coleman (or even Digne/Coleman). Our last two seasons have seen an enormous drop off in levels of team performance. That's no coincidence.

It's good he can cover but he must be in midfield unless we are desperate. We struggle to control games, having him in the middle at least helps with that, the others treat the ball like a hot potato.
What does Dyche's CM look like next season? IMO it has Doucoure and Gueye in it. There'll be no more three man midfield as Dyche will go 442.

What does Dyche's CM look like next season? IMO it has Doucoure and Gueye in it. There'll be no more three man midfield as Dyche will go 442.
I don't know what he'll set up, he has shown a bit of adaptability that nobody expected but it must have Garner in it, he collects the ball and is always looking to progress the play and more importantly, has the composure and quality the others don't.

Well I think we can all agree that the FB role has been the most transformed in recent times. Those positions can be the difference between success and failure. Look at how badly we've fared since the years when we had Baines/Coleman (or even Digne/Coleman). Our last two seasons have seen an enormous drop off in levels of team performance. That's no coincidence.

Carlos Alberto Brazil 1970 was doing what the modern full back does today.

Same can be said of Roberto Carlos or Lizarazu

Full back position hasn’t transformed since the 1970s, there are just more attack minded ones these day.

Also… what position isn’t valuable in football?

I don't know what he'll set up, he has shown a bit of adaptability that nobody expected but it must have Garner in it, he collects the ball and is always looking to progress the play and more importantly, has the composure and quality the others don't.
I'd be utterly amazed if he doesn't go out and get a target man and a striker to play off him as he did at Burnley.

The preferred system will be 442.

So we have to wonder what we'll do with Onana if he stays (or his replacement) and Garner.

I think he’ll see Doucoure more off the striker getting up and down the pitch in a 4411.

Would like to see Onana and Garner being played as the middle two.
Doucoure has been playing higher up the pitch and being generally a lot more mobile because - without forwards - it was a necessity to get a goal from him. I dont think he'll be used that way next season.

With forwards into the club it's going to be very interesting to see how Dyche deploys Doucoure, Onana and Iwobi.

I think we'll sell Garner for £50M and get a forard and Onana's replacement in.

Dyche will see we need a player who can play tempo. He'll be all over that with whatever cash is available.

I think we'll sell Garner for £50M and get a forard and Onana's replacement in.

Dyche will see we need a player who can play tempo. He'll be all over that with whatever cash is available.
I hope not. Garner’s one of the best in this current squad and the sort we should be bringing in. But who knows given our war chest of £1.17 and some faded, signed “Blood Brothers” posters?

I think going into the season with Patterson and Coleman is high risk. Coleman could be finished any moment and Patterson keeps picking up injuries.

Garner has shown he could play there so perhaps we bring in a midfielder (which we need) to develop and if there are RB issues Garner can move there short-term -- with the new young midfielder getting game time.

Left back id just take Nkounkou back if possible but if not then loan for Lewis Hall or Renan Lodi with options to buy.
no no no 😩 The more Garner gets used RB, he suddenly becomes the new 'Dogs body' and becomes dyche's favourite little go to guy to be his cover dog. wherever needed!!

I think going into the season with Patterson and Coleman is high risk. Coleman could be finished any moment and Patterson keeps picking up injuries.

Garner has shown he could play there so perhaps we bring in a midfielder (which we need) to develop and if there are RB issues Garner can move there short-term -- with the new young midfielder getting game time.

Left back id just take Nkounkou back if possible but if not then loan for Lewis Hall or Renan Lodi with options to buy.

He’s literally never played at RB though, RWB is not the same at all. Same with you suggesting Nkounkou at LB after a productive season at LWB.

I know the season's over now and our minds have finally been put to ease, but can we stop going loopy over this 'CM' at this rate by the end of the week, he'll of been reverted to head of our coaching team.

The Lad is a Centre Midfielder, he is young and has the world in front of him to Improve the Talent he already Possesses. Its up to us to find quality to fill positions we are weakest in, Not use our best prospect to do it for them.... It's completely Barmy !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.