2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Dyche's CM look like next season? IMO it has Doucoure and Gueye in it. There'll be no more three man midfield as Dyche will go 442.

I think we’re asking for trouble if it’s a midifeld 2 with Doucoure and Gueye. I don’t see them suing the ball well enough, we’d have to play solely on the counter. Doucoure needs a tactical brain behind him because positionally he’s awful. The role Dyche has him in now is the only one he can play in my opinion.

I’d like to see Onana and Garner in a 2 if we play anyone there out the current options but would really like an additional creative mid or number 10 added to those two in place of Doucoure.

Pickford

Patterson
- Branthwaite - Tarkowski - Mykolenko

Garner
------ Onana

Iwobi
------- Doucoure ------- McNeil

DCL

Out of the current squad all being 100% fit this will be the basis/starting point to go off heading into the summer and I believe Garner should be ahead of Gana in a CM two with Onana personally. Think Gana should be heading into next season as the deputy CM before he ends up leaving at the end of his contract.

I think we’re asking for trouble if it’s a midifeld 2 with Doucoure and Gueye. I don’t see them suing the ball well enough, we’d have to play solely on the counter. Doucoure needs a tactical brain behind him because positionally he’s awful. The role Dyche has him in now is the only one he can play in my opinion.

I’d like to see Onana and Garner in a 2 if we play anyone there out the current options but would really like an additional creative mid or number 10 added to those two in place of Doucoure.

Yes, we can debate who goes in the CM duo but there will be two in there. I fully expect that from Dyche. He's had to deviate from his preferred system in a number of formations but if he has his preferred strikers in by the start of next season we'll be see a decision being made on who drops to the bench out of the midfield.

I agree about Doucoure - and his heat map shows him peppered about the pitch. There's no discipline about him. IIRC Watford played him with Capoue in the middle but effectivley he played in behind Deeney a lot of the time. I cant see Dyche straying from his target man + more mobile strike partner model though, so Doucoure's maybe going to be crowded out.

Everton could actually sell him. He's just signed an extension and I wondered at the time whether it was a sale in mind.

no no no 😩 The more Garner gets used RB, he suddenly becomes the new 'Dogs body' and becomes dyche's favourite little go to guy to be his cover dog. wherever needed!!

He’s literally never played at RB though, RWB is not the same at all. Same with you suggesting Nkounkou at LB after a productive season at LWB.

Im just expecting Dyche to use players in strange positions...as usual.

It’s great that we seem to have landed a proper utility player. And that’s not to do him down.

To have somebody who can do a good job in central midfield, and either wide mid or fullback is really important given our squad and transfer limitations.

Hope he carries on from that RB performance which was brilliant.

What does Dyche's CM look like next season? IMO it has Doucoure and Gueye in it. There'll be no more three man midfield as Dyche will go 442.
If he goes 442 with Onana and Doucoure, we will be taken apart every week. The poorer teams will have a man advantage on us, as they all play with a 3 man midfield and will overwhelm our 2 men. The better teams may well line up with a 2, but there is a world of difference in the quality of Arsenal, City, etc. midfield players and ours.

If he goes 442 with Onana and Doucoure, we will be taken apart every week. The poorer teams will have a man advantage on us, as they all play with a 3 man midfield and will overwhelm our 2 men. The better teams may well line up with a 2, but there is a world of difference in the quality of Arsenal, City, etc. midfield players and ours.
Luckily, they are not representative of the PL.

I'm not advocating the system, btw. I'm merely stating that with a summer window to get personnel in and pre-season to get his drills done it'd be crazy to believe Dyche wont return to the system he's always used.

Luckily, they are not representative of the PL.

I'm not advocating the system, btw. I'm merely stating that with a summer window to get personnel in and pre-season to get his drills done it'd be crazy to believe Dyche wont return to the system he's always used.
I'll tell you what Dave, let's come back to this in October, as far as I'm concerned, Dyche, should he be foolish enough to go 442 with our squad will either have given the notion up, or, been sacked by the end of October. We really don't have the quality to play a 2 man centre midfield. We also don't have the quality at full back to allow the wide midfielders to play narrow, they'll be too busy covering their full backs.

Pickford

Patterson
- Branthwaite - Tarkowski - Mykolenko

Garner
------ Onana

Iwobi
------- Doucoure ------- McNeil

DCL

Out of the current squad all being 100% fit this will be the basis/starting point to go off heading into the summer and I believe Garner should be ahead of Gana in a CM two with Onana personally. Think Gana should be heading into next season as the deputy CM before he ends up leaving at the end of his contract.
I think two new full backs , a starting striker who could stay fit and a wide right player who can score goals would transform that side.

I do think under the right manager there’s a decent core there.

I think two new full backs , a starting striker who could stay fit and a wide right player who can score goals would transform that side.

I do think under the right manager there’s a decent core there.

Personally, I quite like Patterson and think he’ll do well if he can stay fit.

A left back, 2 forwards and a right winger would be the priorities for me.

Personally, I quite like Patterson and think he’ll do well if he can stay fit.

A left back, 2 forwards and a right winger would be the priorities for me.
I just don’t think Patterson has played enough top level football for me to be starting right back, his injuries add to it..,I think he needs a full season under his belt somewhere.

I think we could really do with a starting right back who can attack and defend, same the other side. Coleman can still be a backup for us next season if we get another in, what’s livramento up to?

Imo I’d like to see Patterson go and play in the championship for a year, similar to someone like Spence who improved a lot in a year at a top 6 championship side.

BTW, has anyone noted this lad's thow ins? He's getting 20 odd yards down the pitch with them. Not exactly Rory Delap, but that'll be an asset if he's allowed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.