2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this inadequate of an answer of what I think Dyche will do?
Because Doucoure will never be asked to play just off a striker all season.

Youlre right though - it wasn't inadequate as an answer. It was 'kin barmy.

The reference point was always Garner not going into MF. He stated if that were the case we'd be worse off with passing with Doucoure and Gueye in there.

I provided data to underline how that wouldn't necessarily be the case.

The end.

No he never. I wrote this:

A midfield two of Gana and Doucoure is getting absolutely rolled over.

He wrote this:

We could see an all time Premier League low in pass completed numbers with that.

Absolutely no reference to Garner here.

Maybe go back to bed and return in an hour once you've woken up.

No he never. I wrote this:

He wrote this:

Absolutely no reference to Garner here.

Maybe go back to bed and return in an hour once you've woken up.
Ha Ha Ha. We're in the Garner thread.

No. No reference to Garner here like.

Settle down sonny Jim.

giphy.gif

IMO Gueye has ben very good this season, especially after Dyche came in.

There's no way we could sell him and get better in for the same money.

He's one of the few I'd put into the 'must keep' category.
Suspect a large part of the uptick under Dyche is that the mad idea he could be a midfield playmaker was booted into touch. What Lampard was thinking there I don't know.

Doucoure playing off a striker is the only way Garner gets into MF.

We're going round in circles.

The point here is what will Dyche likely do.

That's my question.

Probably dependent on Obama’s situation. If he stays then we really need to be getting him into the team in his best position which for me is the sole DM. That’s where he played when we bought him. He’s shown nothing going forward and has the height to deal with goalkicks without a CB stepping out.

I think we need to move away from Gueye in the DM role. He’s been good this season but Doucoure’s absence showed that we get run through when there’s not runners ahead of him.

For me I’d look to have Onana DM with Gueye the cover for that position. Then get two midfielders to compete with Garner and Doucoure for the two other positions.

Probably dependent on Obama’s situation. If he stays then we really need to be getting him into the team in his best position which for me is the sole DM. That’s where he played when we bought him. He’s shown nothing going forward and has the height to deal with goalkicks without a CB stepping out.

I think we need to move away from Gueye in the DM role. He’s been good this season but Doucoure’s absence showed that we get run through when there’s not runners ahead of him.

For me I’d look to have Onana DM with Gueye the cover for that position. Then get two midfielders to compete with Garner and Doucoure for the two other positions.
I hope Obama stays personally.

After what I saw on Sunday I'd have him down as the RFB solution we've been waiting for years to see.

More so, because I just dont see how he's getting into a MF of Dyche's next season when we go two in the middle, as Dyche will inevitaby go with two players like Gueye and Doucoure who he's been reliant on and obviously wont bench.

Looking back at what Dyche did at Burnley, I suppose Garner could (theoretically) play in a 4411 slotting into a two man CM with Doucoure shuffling back and forth between midfield and partnering a lone forward.

Garner is going to be one of those layers who Moyes loved: utility player. He can be a real work horse for us anywhere on the right, middle of the park and taking set pieces.

I'll bet there's a few clubs monitoring his progress now.
Than we're just throwing away a talent !!

And what kind of picture does that paint for our future under Dyche 🙄

( Personally I think he will go 3 in the middle and save us from that worry )

Status
Not open for further replies.