Its on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on when we beat Chelsea first win V top four since AJ played for us in the league.

It's on when both Brum & Spurs get defeated by lesser teams.

It's on when we played well without Pienaar & Fellaini.

It's on alright;)COYB

Sorry guys but I'm with Brownie on this one.

We just dug too deep a hole at the beginning of the season to overcome that many teams.

Hey, if they prove me wrong, great but I'm just not seeing it.

Just to point out lids, we were 10 points off fourth with a game in hand the other week when I started a thread pointing it out

9 points off with a game in hand now. PROGRESS IS PROGRESS

Really make last weeks performance even more disapointing. Could be 6 points with a game in hand but still....

IT'S ON.

I expect Europe as minimum but we can't afford and more slip ups.

It's off.

A derby day win would have swung the door wide open, but we are just plain running out of track.

We might catch one of those going for the top 4 so perhaps 7th is on.

As far as the league position is concerned, I'm really not sure but I have reached the following conclusion after our recent performances.
We can win the Europa league. If we're fired up for the games as we were last night and against City, we can beat anyone left in the tournament. There are some good teams left in it so we can't afford any derby type performances or they'll well and truly take our trousers down. But if we go into each tie with the right attitude we have nothing to fear except fear itself. and bad luck. and dodgy referees. and more injuries and suspensions.

Highly unscientific, but I just plotted our points trend for this season with that of 4th place (i.e. whoever was in 4th place after that particular weekend), and then extrapolated both of those lines to the end of the graph. The lines overlapped precisely on the last day of the 'season' :p

Don't think we'll get it mind, I think Liverpool and City will both finish 4-7 points clear of us, but it could yet get interesting.

As far as the league position is concerned, I'm really not sure but I have reached the following conclusion after our recent performances.
We can win the Europa league. If we're fired up for the games as we were last night and against City, we can beat anyone left in the tournament. There are some good teams left in it so we can't afford any derby type performances or they'll well and truly take our trousers down. But if we go into each tie with the right attitude we have nothing to fear except fear itself. and bad luck. and dodgy referees. and more injuries and suspensions.

I don't disagree, sky's the limit w/ the group IMO. But seems like it could be difficult to both push deep into tourney AND continue climb up the table for Europe next season. Maybe not, just seems like one or the other may be more realistic.

So...which is more important?

I don't disagree, sky's the limit w/ the group IMO. But seems like it could be difficult to both push deep into tourney AND continue climb up the table for Europe next season. Maybe not, just seems like one or the other may be more realistic.

So...which is more important?

The Europa is the most important, money per placing aside.

We won't get in the top 4, so our hopes this season are to qualify for Europa, BUT WE ARE IN EUROPA NOW, so now we are here, let's win it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.