Is Everton a 'Big Club'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do me a favour, any club who pay out £12 mil for a manager who has managed C palace Bolton West Ham Sunderland. THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

JUST LET THAT SINK IN £12 MILLION POUNDS".................

History yes we are, but unfortunately, people see how we are struggling and history is forgotten and they see what a poorly run club we are at the present moment in time.

I scoured the news and expected some media reaction to the effect of "Everton fans, what do you think of your club now turning toward Sam Allardyce after having been rebuffed by a number of big name managers. What does this say about where your organisation is right now?".

Nothing.

They dont see it as an issue. They think we go together with a Sam Allaerdyce appointment every bit as much as Sunderland or Palace would naturally turn to a manager like that.

Our status has been cratered. It's in the dumpster. The best of the rest pat on the head has ben easily forgotten and we're now just a struggling outfit with a flaky owner just like all the no mark clubs around us.

19 months of Moshiri and 16 months of Koeman has wrecked what we had. And I expect this to get worse not better.

19 months of Moshiri and 16 months of Koeman has wrecked what we had. And I expect this to get worse not better.

What did we have before them exactly? It's not an ideal situation by any means and it's made the last 2years more interesting but we were not in a top 6 position consistently before their appointments.

Theoretically we could have been knocking on the same door that Spurs did a few seasons ago, had we been run properly.

Now with the appointment of SA, we've just set ourselves back 3/4 years and set the precedent of an unambitious nature.

What did we have before them exactly? It's not an ideal situation by any means and it's made the last 2years more interesting but we were not in a top 6 position consistently before their appointments.

Do you think what we are now remotely resembles what we had then?

We were comfortably the organisation capable of pushing into the places usually occupied by the financial elite and we had a glowing reputation for doing things the right way on and off the pitch. We had status in the game and we had a model that just needed some investment to ease us through to being regularly amongst the elite.

That was smashed by someone like Moshiri trying revolution rather than making the conditions for the next stage of our evolution. His judgement with managerial staff and club bureaucracy has been catastrophic. That allowed a £200M windfall to be thrown into a furnace and the gradual demoralisation of the club when the manager he hired decided he'd lost heart in his own project and knew his meagre talents couldn't shift the dial for us.

The Moshiri/Koeman experiment was a disaster. Now we move on to Moshiri 2.0. Your guess is as good as mine where this will end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.