Is anyone else worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have sold our centre forward and haven't replaced him, we have bought lots of players but not a replacement centre forward.

We are almost two weeks away from our first game of the season and this position is still vacant as I see it.

We have sold our centre forward and haven't replaced him, we have bought lots of players but not a replacement centre forward.

We are almost two weeks away from our first game of the season and this position is still vacant as I see it.

Same old Everton wait until we are 3 games behind before we make those important signings.

We should have had this particular signing wrapped up soon as Rom was out the door.

Bathsuyai, Benteke, Dembele, Giroud, throw the money on the table on whoever is the no 1 target and if they don't want to move make your way down the list til one joins.

I struggle to see why we are spending so much time on Siggurdsson when this is the priority signing.

Same old Everton wait until we are 3 games behind before we make those important signings.

We should have had this particular signing wrapped up soon as Rom was out the door.

Bathsuyai, Benteke, Dembele, Giroud, throw the money on the table on whoever is the no 1 target and if they don't want to move make your way down the list til one joins.

I struggle to see why we are spending so much time on Siggurdsson when this is the priority signing.
This was my original point, you would have thought Koeman & Walsh would have had someone lined up to replace Rom. But my fear is there has been no planning for this.

It's ok lads changed sheets after yesterday's game

This was my original point, you would have thought Koeman & Walsh would have had someone lined up to replace Rom. But my fear is there has been no planning for this.

It's ok lads changed sheets after yesterday's game

Personally I think the club really wants Giroud and is waiting for him to decide what he wants to do. The echo said similiar today that Giroud is only deciding his future after the first 1 or 2 games of the season if he gets game time. The problem I have with that is:

1. We drop points in the meantime with Rooney up front

2. The vast majority of players in this situation often turn us down and stay/go elsewhere

3. If he does join it'll take him a further 2-3 games to get used to playing with his team mates in which we'll be 5-6 games into the season.

We've missed a trick with Batshuyai imo, should have got him in the Lukaku deal.

Personally I think the club really wants Giroud and is waiting for him to decide what he wants to do. The echo said similiar today that Giroud is only deciding his future after the first 1 or 2 games of the season if he gets game time. The problem I have with that is:

1. We drop points in the meantime with Rooney up front

2. The vast majority of players in this situation often turn us down and stay/go elsewhere

3. If he does join it'll take him a further 2-3 games to get used to playing with his team mates in which we'll be 5-6 games into the season.

We've missed a trick with Batshuyai imo, should have got him in the Lukaku deal.

I was with you almost all the way, but when you finished with "We've missed a trick with Batshuyai imo, should have got him in the Lukaku deal." you cost yourself a like !

If Giroud is our main target, and I suspect he is, then we could do with tying it up before the last week of the window merry go round. If we don't, then we risk ending up with third or fourth choice.

The alternative is to sign a second choice quickly and risk missing out on Giroud as a result of him wanting to be pretty much guaranteed a lot of starts.

Wingers are so 00's , a front 5 that can interchange is far more productive.

Wingers provide little return and have by in large been replaced by wing backs.

A focal point striker is also on the way out of the game, most top teams have 3 or 4 regular goal scorers with 1 out an out striker who links well too.

I am not worried. I went last night and while obviously rusty, we won a competitive game, and potential banana skin, without conceding an away goal while clearly still not up to speed.

Some way to go, but we'll be sound.
What I saw was an ineffective attack that struggled to cross the half way line and a team that didn't know each other.
Weren't the other team in pre season as well yet seemed well oganised?
We need a hold up target.

Status
Not open for further replies.